Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-28-2017, 03:21 PM)ChadR Wrote: I own both and love both.  Though right now, I'd say AFL offers a better value than MSFT.

Agreed with this whole statement.  I own & love both, and would choose AFL at this time.
Thanks I actually bought a little AFL and MO
Initiated position in Omnicom.
Bought RyanAir. I've been looking at airlines for a while now but it took me a long time to find the right one. There was always something missing, something I didn't like in the reports etc. RyanAir does not currently pay a dividend, which is the biggest downside for me. (and the only reason my position will remain small)
I added to PEP and WM today and sold out of PNC with the rise in banks.
Any thoughts on SBUX? Looks like a good entry and this level. Very rarely do you get a buying opportunity like this. Has been a great stock over the last decade.

WBA, KHC and TAP look good down here as well. Thoughts?
I like SBUX and WBA for the international prospects. I own both and will continue to add to it.
Waste Management being trashed today (sorry, couldn't help it!), still expensive but it has been on my watch list forever!
Haha Rasec. RSG being trashed as well because these analyst downgrade to get shares cheaper for clients. WM is my second largest holding. It's not expensive at all. The best is yet to come. All that hurricane damage in FL and Puerto Rico will drive shares higher in the next 2 quarters. $90 is reachable. Buy Buy buy it now lol
BTW TEVA getting interesting as well. Don't hold a position but its tempting. They have a nice pipeline in the works. Talk about a stock getting trashed thanks to MYL.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce looks quite good now! Any comments, thoughts?
(10-05-2017, 08:51 AM)Binary Wrote: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce looks quite good now! Any comments, thoughts?

It has it's risks, such as the overheated real estate market in canada as well as the large exposure to oil through the loans that they have handed out to the oil companies, and as such it's naturally trading at a lower valuation compared to it's peers. A very damn attractive valuation btw. Apart from those risks, it's a great company with a lovely history of growth and things have just been getting better in recent years. I'm a shareholder and I love it, in fact CIBC is one of my largest holdings currently.

It has once again breached the 110 CAD level so I feel like saying that it's quite possible that you can get it cheaper. I'm pretty sure most of my purchases this year have been around 108 CAD, some a big higher some a bit lower. But then again, a couple of percentages makes very little difference in the long run so if you feel like buying then might as well start now.