Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi. SA Refugee Dave Van Knapp
Hi All,

I'm giving this a try as SA shuts down its blogs.

Brief bio: I've been DG investing since 2007-08. I've written several eBooks on the subject, the most recent one at the beginning of 2021. I've also written hundreds of articles, first at SA circa 2008-2019, more recently at the Daily Trade Alert and Dividends & Investing newsletters since about 2015. Last April, I began creating videos for the Dividends & Income channel on YouTube.

I am a pretty straightforward DG investor. I don't emphasize either high yields or fast growth, rather I use them both where appropriate. I have had a real-time, real-money DG portfolio going since 2008. I have written about it often and more recently presented it in videos. It's designed to demonstrate what is possible with the DGI strategy. It has achieved a yield on cost of 11.5% and it's a 3-bagger in capital gains.

I'm glad to be here, and I hope to both see old friends here and meet some new ones.

Dave
Dave - glad to see you.
(12-09-2021, 04:09 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Dave - glad to see you.

Thanks. What's the difference between a post and a thread around here?
Dave
A post is an individual message. A thread is a string of posts under a topic heading. So I just made a post but your original message started a thread (and was a post too).
(12-09-2021, 04:01 PM)DaveVK Wrote: Hi All,

I'm giving this a try as SA shuts down its blogs.

Brief bio: I've been DG investing since 2007-08. I've written several eBooks on the subject, the most recent one at the beginning of 2021. I've also written hundreds of articles, first at SA circa 2008-2019, more recently at the Daily Trade Alert and Dividends & Investing newsletters since about 2015. Last April, I began creating videos for the Dividends & Income channel on YouTube.

I am a pretty straightforward DG investor. I don't emphasize either high yields or fast growth, rather I use them both where appropriate. I have had a real-time, real-money DG portfolio going since 2008. I have written about it often and more recently presented it in videos. It's designed to demonstrate what is possible with the DGI strategy. It has achieved a yield on cost of 11.5% and it's a 3-bagger in capital gains.

I'm glad to be here, and I hope to both see old friends here and meet some new ones.

Dave

Great to see you come over Dave, welcome!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Welcome Dave. We aren't used to so much company but I hope you guys post often and we'll get to now each other soon.
Hi Dave, Good to see you here. I have not visited SA since Joining here. I would imagine our previous community of folks are pretty much scattered to the wind. Shame really. Collectively the group as a whole was engaging, generating thoughtful discussions and debates, allowing all to challenge preconceived notions and at times think outside the box.

Welcome aboard. I hope you check in often and find a home here to share your thoughts and idea's.
Welcome Dave! I've been a fan of your writing on SA for a long time. Excited to have you here.
(12-09-2021, 06:38 PM)Scooterd Wrote: Hi Dave, Good to see you here. I have not visited SA since Joining here. I would imagine our previous community of folks are pretty much scattered to the wind. Shame really. Collectively the group as a whole was engaging, generating thoughtful discussions and debates, allowing all to challenge preconceived notions and at times think outside the box.  

Welcome aboard. I hope you check in often and find a home here to share your thoughts and idea's.

I think most are doing like me - still checking in. Probably inspired by wishful thinking. The SA Powers That Be evidently thought the Chat would keep everyone together and that's fallen flat. They may be trying to come up with a Plan B. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm familiar with this format and with retirement coming (more time) will likely stick around even if SA is rescued somehow. Silicon Investor's format drives me nuts whenever I visit despite some strong contributors.
(12-10-2021, 05:47 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 06:38 PM)Scooterd Wrote: Hi Dave, Good to see you here. I have not visited SA since Joining here. I would imagine our previous community of folks are pretty much scattered to the wind. Shame really. Collectively the group as a whole was engaging, generating thoughtful discussions and debates, allowing all to challenge preconceived notions and at times think outside the box.  

I think most are doing like me - still checking in. Probably inspired by wishful thinking. The SA Powers That Be evidently thought the Chat would keep everyone together and that's fallen flat. They may be trying to come up with a Plan B. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm familiar with this format and with retirement coming (more time) will likely stick around even if SA is rescued somehow. Silicon Investor's format drives me nuts whenever I visit despite some strong contributors.
Silicon Investor is a forum I haven't heard of in a long time so I had to go look.  There were some knowledgeable oil patch folks there back in the day.  I see the forum software hasn't changed much since the mid 90s.  It's just painful to use.
Welcome!
Great to have so many experienced people join us!
(12-10-2021, 07:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 05:47 AM)cemanuel Wrote:

Silicon Investor is a forum I haven't heard of in a long time so I had to go look.  There were some knowledgeable oil patch folks there back in the day.  I see the forum software hasn't changed much since the mid 90s.  It's just painful to use.

Yes, I cut my teeth on usenet in the early 90's but also some discussion boards around that time. That is VERY early BBS software. Heck, what's in use here first came out in the early 2000's IIRC.