Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello - Migrating from SA
Just a quick hello to all here.

I am migrating over from SA . Enjoy information sharing from Like minded DGR investors. Have been a DGR investor for decades. I augment my Stodgy old man's portfolio utilizing Business cycle Equity investment methodologies. Avid reader and voracious consumer of new ideas. Hopefully will become a positive contributor on this site.

Happy Early Holidays to all.
Stay safe; it can get rough out there.

- Scootrd

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.· John 15:13

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”― A.A. Milne

"There is no investment rule that remains immutable except the "margin of safety".- Peter Cundill
Welcome!

Never heard it referred to as DGR investing, but I'll adjust Smile
(12-06-2021, 09:11 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Welcome!

Perhaps its just me but always referred to Dividend Growth as DGR.
Old habits hard to break.
Welcome, Scooterd!
Welcome!
(12-06-2021, 06:14 PM)Scooterd Wrote: Just a quick hello to all here.

I am migrating over from SA . Enjoy information sharing from Like minded DGR investors. Have been a DGR investor for decades. I augment my Stodgy old man's portfolio utilizing Business cycle Equity investment methodologies. Avid reader and voracious consumer of new ideas. Hopefully will become a positive contributor on this site.

Happy Early Holidays to all.
Stay safe; it can get rough out there.

- Scootrd

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.· John 15:13

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”― A.A. Milne

"There is no investment rule that remains immutable except the "margin of safety".- Peter Cundill

Hello Scooter! Good to "see" a familiar, er, digital identifier. 

I'll see how this displays. As I type it appears the default is to include all of the original message in my replies even when I don't click the quote icon but this may be a fooler.

PS - Too bad about the Bills last night.
(12-06-2021, 09:11 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Welcome!

The blog where all our discussions took place was titled DGR chit chat. I was never sure why it was called that rather than DGI but it wasn't my blog and didn't really matter anyway.
Welcome to the board Scooter!.

Hope we see a few more come over from Seeking Alpha and get some more lively discussions going.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-07-2021, 12:37 PM)EricL Wrote: Welcome to the board Scooter!.

Hope we see a few more come over from Seeking Alpha and get some more lively discussions going.

Yes, for sure.  I hope they aren't put off by the trading chatter threads but this forum would be dead and gone had we not done that.  I'd love to see more DGI threads.  They may have to carry the torch for a week or two but there should be participation.  Most of us DO have a core DGI port even if it doesn't sound like it.  

Welcome Scooter.
(12-07-2021, 06:52 PM)fenders5 Wrote: Most of us DO have a core DGI port even if it doesn't sound like it.

Lol -- I was thinking about this just yesterday. Many of my recent purchases aren't really core DG plays, but that may be unavoidable given how tech has dominated in recent years. But at heart, still a DG guy!

Welcome Scooterd!
(12-07-2021, 06:52 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 12:37 PM)EricL Wrote: Welcome to the board Scooter!.

Yes, for sure.  I hope they aren't put off by the trading chatter threads but this forum would be dead and gone had we not done that.  I'd love to see more DGI threads.  They may have to carry the torch for a week or two but there should be participation.  Most of us DO have a core DGI port even if it doesn't sound like it.  

Welcome Scooter.

At the old blog many of us would post whenever we made a trade. There's always a culture to adapt to. Here, do people start a new thread each time they make a trade or does this go in a general thread? I could probably figure this out if I dug around.
(12-08-2021, 11:18 AM)cemanuel Wrote: At the old blog many of us would post whenever we made a trade. There's always a culture to adapt to. Here, do people start a new thread each time they make a trade or does this go in a general thread? I could probably figure this out if I dug around.

I think we use the "What I Am Buying Today" thread for similar purposes.