Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites!
(08-06-2021, 05:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote: That is likely why the stock is dropping.

My intuition says a bottom of 26.5 Cool
(08-06-2021, 04:47 PM)Genester Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 12:08 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Technically T isn't a yield trap since there won't be much yield left after the spin-off. Smile

T will still yield 4%+...

Yes but the share price will be somewhere not seen since the early 90's. The yield for T itself might be ok after the spin-off but you have to remember that they are kicking out a big part of the business (and share price) into a new entity that will have a yield of 0%. 

Somewhere here, quite likely in this very thread, I calculated my estimate for the dividend when all of those announcements were made. I'm too busy to scroll back and look for it, but you might want to if you're long on T. From what I remember the results were not pretty. (and I sold all my T after arriving at that conclusion)
You posted that on one of the "T" threads right after spinoff announcement. I also bailed quickly. I knew frustrated investors would gradually head for the exits. If for no reason other than they don't know with certainty what T will do at showtime. Management has not gained any trust for a long time. Past is littered with bad decisions.

There is a price where a FCF machine represents fair to undervalued. The chart says we aren't there yet, and this is a chart in a bull market. The death by 1000 cuts is painful for somebody with a huge position. They need time to capitulate. It's not out of the question I would re-enter T. I'll have a margin of safety or I will let it pass by. Only reason I made money on T is the monthly option premiums. Dividend didn't save me, or 90% of other investors I would guess.
Are folks familiar with ADX? Any thoughts on how good it is?
(08-10-2021, 07:28 AM)Genester Wrote: Are folks familiar with ADX? Any thoughts on how good it is?

I just quickly brought it up.  0.98% yield is that wrong?  But up 25% over the past year that's not bad though lower than VOO.

Take a look at QYLD, RYLD, JEPI, and NUSI.  I made starter positions in all of them yesterday. According to this video, NUSI is the safest in a down market.
QYLD seems to provoke a violent reaction in people. My biggest concern with it is that it has no track record in a prolonged down market (e.g. 18-24 months down). Concerned about permanent capital loss in that case. Its obviously proven itself in up and sideways market as a bond alternative.

Here's an article comparing ADX to QYLD: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4447494...nt-to-qyld
(08-10-2021, 07:30 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 07:28 AM)Genester Wrote: Are folks familiar with ADX? Any thoughts on how good it is?

I just quickly brought it up.  0.98% yield is that wrong?  But up 25% over the past year that's not bad though lower than VOO.

Take a look at QYLD, RYLD, JEPI, and NUSI.  I made starter positions in all of them yesterday.  According to this video, NUSI is the safest in a down market.

I own NUSI and it's my 5th largest holding. Love it. Buy a few thousand shares and collect the dividends. JEPI was already mentioned many times on this thread.
(08-10-2021, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Take a look at QYLD, RYLD, JEPI, and NUSI.  I made starter positions in all of them yesterday.  According to this video, NUSI is the safest in a down market.

I own NUSI and it's my 5th largest holding. Love it. Buy a few thousand shares and collect the dividends. JEPI was already mentioned many times on this thread.

Will do!
(08-10-2021, 09:01 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Will do!

1,000 shares gets you about $2,160 a year in dividends. Sell one of those 3x etf's  Big Grin
Not at all familiar with it but the long-term chart looks pretty good for a materials ETF with a 6% distribution.
My company stock still represents 50% of my taxable assets, so I'll be draining that down for the foreseeable future to fund these acquisitions. No need to touch any of my precious 3x etfs Smile
(08-10-2021, 09:07 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: [quote pid='27966' dateline='1628604078']
[quote pid='27965' dateline='1628603807']
[quote pid='27963' dateline='1628598656']

[/quote]

Will do!
[/quote]

1,000 shares gets you about $2,160 a year in dividends. Sell one of those 3x etf's  Big Grin
[/quote]
He can do that during the next market crash.  He doesn't abide by that "buy low sell high" foolishness.