Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(05-21-2021, 03:54 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well congratulations!

Was up for most of the day, but down at the end.  May is going down in the books as junk, but here's hoping June is better.

Taxable
Winner: DFEN, the defense industry triple that's not in the ROTH
Loser: STX, continuing its cool-off

ROTH
Winner: BDRY, this one is up and down like a yo-yo!
Loser: NAIL, ouch!
I need to put a few more of your triples in a Ken watchlist.  Smile

I think you will probably do OK by end of year.  This summer I don't know.  Market tends to lie still then but I expect volatility with no real direction.  Last year was unique so I pay no mind to any trends then.  

I'm sure you beat me up in 2020 coming off March though we hadn't met yet. I'll just keep bragging while I can.  I had too much cash last year and left returns on the table.  This year it worked because I missed a beatdown and was able to throw $10K here or there at will on a good dip.  There are a ton of newish investors that got smoked the past quarter.  I am certain of that because most of the Momo got hit 40-50% or worse.  I was able to buy it and some of the profitable ones are flying the last few weeks.  

Just position yourself so you are comfortable if the SPY corrects 10%.  I don't predict that but so many unknowns make it possible.  It's not that important if I am comfortable with your port.  I am going to keep hoping QQQ gets whacked so I can add more.  Forgive me for that Smile

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 05-21-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM