Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Another lovely day; port at ATH (not including company stock, which as you'll see drags it all down).

The 3%ers are: SOXL again up 5.51%, FAS up 3.05%, WEBL down 3.18%, and PEGA down 6.97%, since of course we just released earnings and that's what happens to everyone nowadays regardless of whether the report is good or bad.

Almost all the DGI & Income stocks were up today, with 3 exceptions: SBUX, LMT, and ARCC.
All my ports well past ATH today. VSTO was the big winner, and selling options to the gamblers continues to work with few exceptions. I am getting pretty close to a milestone number where I pull in my horns for awhile and wait for deals.
(07-29-2021, 03:30 PM)fenders53 Wrote: All my ports well past ATH today.  VSTO was the big winner, and selling options to the gamblers continues to work with few exceptions.  I am getting pretty close to a milestone number where I pull in my horns for awhile and wait for deals.

5.72%, nice!  I may have to add it to my watch list Smile
(07-29-2021, 03:32 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 03:30 PM)fenders53 Wrote: All my ports well past ATH today.  VSTO was the big winner, and selling options to the gamblers continues to work with few exceptions.  I am getting pretty close to a milestone number where I pull in my horns for awhile and wait for deals.

5.72%, nice!  I may have to add it to my watch list Smile
I hype it until nobody wants to hear it anymore.  Their growth rate in every financial measure is insane.  New CEO fixed some sins when they went public.  I expect it is in a trading range until more believe four quarters wasn't a fluke.  They sell camping, hiking, biking gear and shooting sports other than actual guns.  The stars just aligned for them.  Before long they will stop raising earnings estimates every six weeks.  28-0 selling VSTO options the past year so my long shares have some room to flounder if that is what happens.  This won't happen to me often.
VSTO is very good as is DKS. Those stocks have done well during the pandemic but eventually that story will end.
(07-30-2021, 09:43 AM)MrFortune Wrote: added XOM, NOC and ABBV

Waiting on AMZN for $3100 range for me trade account

My PINS put is big in the money. May cash out today.

Tech to me is a scam. All those companies are way way over valued. Sooner or later they come crashing down, which is why I play the downside in that sector.

VSTO is very good as is DKS. Those stocks have done well during the pandemic but eventually that story will end.
PINS looks like trouble.  I am jealous I missed it before it launched because it was on my watch list.

VSTO was an ammo play for me initially before I did a ton of research.  To some degree they are manipulating supply as they are the market leader now.  New CEO has made some incredibly good moves.  I'll keep some shares for a very long time but the current growth rate can't last forever and it will be interpreted as a fail most likely.  at least for awhile.  

Some tech is a scam.  Mostly the SPACS.  90% of small tech gets crushed like a bug eventually.
Okay, last day of the month, recorded all the stats in my spreadsheet! Smile

Minor down day today, but still July was a solid month for the port, can't complain.

3%ers today:
  • DFEN dropped 3.30%; he's been having a tough time of late.
  • AMZN dropped 7.56% but of course I picked it up at the closing bell so I didn't suffer that. Fingers crossed as to Monday...
  • WEBL dropped 6.65% because Amazon is a big part of it.

Due to dropping AGNC and half my NLY, the portfolio yield dropped to 2.67%. Game plan is to sell $20k of company stock, timed right, and distribute to equities averaging 3% yield to return to a $500/month average payout.

Here's to a huge August for everybody!
Most of the day I was up nicely and at one point hit all time highs in both the taxable and ROTH, but it didn't last. The day ended up dead flat, oh well.

No 3%ers, but OXLC and HRZN were 2% gainers.

Also, sold some company stock today to keep up steadily draining it.
Same. Hit an ATH this AM, took an old man nap after lunch and poof, lol. A couple sectors turned way south on me and wrecked the party.
Very green day. New port ATH by a couple $K. VSTO and most of my solar ran 5%. TXRH got beat up. I'll have to time my add there as we prep for Covid re-open take II in a month or so.
Yes, very green. Both the taxable and the ROTH hit all-time highs, and the E*Trade account ticked over the $300k mark.

3%ers today:
  • MRNA up 11.51%, they got FDA approval for fast-tracking some vaccine and people got excited...
  • CURE up 4.16%
  • FAS up 3.31%
  • RETL up 3.05%
CLX was my big loser today. Down 9.46%.