Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
VSTO and F were my winners up 7-8%. UTES were down. Not by a lot but own a lot of shares so they were the loser. Port up overall but not much. Have a couple mutuals that haven't yet posted their totals for the day.
I guess it makes sense for the final day of a basically flat month to be ... flat.

Taxable
Winners:
SOXL, up 2.43%
TSM, up 1.37%
CURE, up 1.20%

Losers:
BA, down 1.47% though because I started the position today, I'm actually up
RETL, down 3.26%
HPQ, down 9.00%

ROTH
Winners:
SOXL, up 2.43%
DRN, up 1.93%
TQQQ, up 0.97%

Losers:
FIVN, down 0.80%
RETL, down 3.26%
BDRY, down 3.85% looks like I bought at the top unfortunately

Overall for May, I was down about $550 total between the two accounts. Here's hoping June is more of a break-out-the-champagne style month!
Flat here too. Practically nothing even moved 1%. But the port chugged higher and I hit a new milestone. For no particular reason I set goals at $25K increments. I've been hitting them quite regularly the past 7 months. I hope to do that at least one more time this year. I expect a choppy summer so I think it will be fall at the earliest unless we get a sharp dip very soon so I can put more of my dry powder to work. My crystal ball doesn't always work so if your June dream comes true I'll just be happy. I'll be amazed if we don't get a summer dip though. At least one down 5% market month. We'll see.

Have a good holiday weekend.
My goalposts are all fractions of the desired $3,000,000 outcome; next stop is the 1/10th mark. Things change a bit next year because I've just been counting my E*Trade account in celebrating milestones, but Morgan Stanley bought out E*Trade and my company stock is going to get dumped into my account then.
Decent start to June.

Taxable
Winners:
RETL, up 4.76%
RIO, up 3.85%
BA, up 3.12% nice to see the new guy already in the top 3 for a day!

Losers:
TECL, down 1.42%
LOW, down 1.52% and I bought more
CURE, down 5.02% ouch!!!!

ROTH
Winners:
GUSH, up 12.88% I don't think I've ever had an equity have a single day increase like that before. Go oil. Too bad I have less than a grand in it.
ERX, up 7.77% and that one is a full position
HIBL, up 5.66% back from the dead and resurrected in the ROTH having a nice run

Losers:
SOXL, down 1.13%
TECL, down 1.42%
FIVN, down 1.78% but I only have 4 shares
Winners:
EOG: +5.29%
XOM: +3.58%
CVX: +2.70%

Losers:
ABT: -9.31%
JNJ: -2.19%
AMGN: -1.83%
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Ah, ABT, JNJ and AMGN down explain why CURE dropped.
Flat day overall. Port likely down a few hundred by the time the mutuals post. Nothing shocking here. Oil up and healthcare down. VSTO just goes up a a little most every day.
I find this thread counterproductive to a DGI style long term investing method.

I have no idea why one calculates their winners and losers on a daily basis, does not build fortitude for being a long term investor IMO.
(06-02-2021, 06:37 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I find this thread counterproductive to a DGI style long term investing method.

I have no idea why one calculates their winners and losers on a daily basis, does not build fortitude for being a long term investor IMO.

The way I see it, it's another tool to bring awareness of what others have in their portfolios to you.  Plus you may decide to make purchases based on something you perceive as doing well, or conversely something that's "on sale".

Happy to hear what others think before proceeding further with the thread.
(06-02-2021, 06:37 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I find this thread counterproductive to a DGI style long term investing method.

That was my first reaction as well.  Then it occurred to me that so is.....

futures trading, 
"what did you buy today etc."  
"here's  how my spec port is doing this whatever......".
GME-AMC shenanigans thread

The place will shrivel up and die if we rely on DGI posts because I rarely see more than a couple a week with any substance.  I trade the DGI portion of my port minimally.  Practically every active member on this forum trades some now and then. 

That's a long way of saying post what you like as long as Kerim doesn't have a problem with it.
Counterproposal: How about a thread called "Daily portfolio checkin". The tag line would be...

Got something interesting to share about how your portfolio did today? Crossed a milestone? Received a whole bunch of dividends at once? Had a high flying day? Got crushed? Let us know.

So, not something winners/losers focused, but still a daily conversation topic other than "what did you buy today", which not all of us can participate in. Though I definitely end up making purchases more often than I'd expect to Smile