Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Gold up nicely again. Solar and chips down. Not much else going on in my port. Port down a couple hundred overall.
May sucks. Another day that was mostly flat throughout, then the bottom fell out at the end.

Taxable
Winner: TSM
Loser: FAS

ROTH
Winner: BDRY, I guess it's an honorary triple
Loser: NAIL
Port dead flat. I have practically nothing that even moved 1% up or down today.
Day was horrible at the start, then only mildly down by the end. Taxable - with all the DGI stuff - was actually up. Still, overall May downward drift continues.

Taxable
Winner: TGT, naturally
Loser: RETL, which surprises the heck out of me

ROTH
Winner: SOXL, for once Smile
Loser: NRGU
Winners:
TGT +6.14%
AVGO +1.84%
QCOM +1.36%

Losers:
EOG -2.91%
CVX -2.77%
XOM -2.40%
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I saw it was likely going rough this morning as I track a couple of your triples. I may nibble a few shares of them when the market acts like it has found a bottom. Lumber futures are failing hard every day now, limit down some days. If it continues that may help with new housing starts in a few months. Some of companies in NAIL may make money off crazy high lumber prices, but at some point you just kill demand.

My port up just a little and that was mostly on the back of my solar stocks.
(05-19-2021, 04:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I saw it was likely going rough this morning as I track a couple of your triples.  I may nibble a few shares of them when the market acts like it has found a bottom.  Lumber futures are failing hard every day now, limit down some days.  If it continues that may help with new housing starts in a few months.  Some of companies in NAIL may make money off crazy high lumber prices, but at some point you just kill demand.  

My port up just a little and that was mostly on the back of my solar stocks.

Very astute point about high lumber prices causing home building / home improvement slowdowns.  

A rare up day in May!

Taxable
Winner: SOXL, by a landslide
Loser: STX, finally cooling off a bit.  Also, E*Trade is having one of its glitches at this very moment on this stock, showing my price paid as 0.

ROTH
Winner: SOXL, because I have some there too
Loser: TPOR, here we go talking about all the railroad companies and its ETF goes down Smile
Lumber prices have been insane. Up 400% on some products. Just like oil up too much chokes other industries. Solar took me to a port ATH today. I didn't expect that as I am still way too cashy. Chips didn't hurt either of course.

I have my eye on the rails for an add but the dip is tiny. The M.A. action stirred them up and things seem to be settling down now.
Winners:
HRL +7.35%
AVGO +3.01%
T +2.38%

Losers:
CMI -1.05%
NSC -0.91%
XOM -0.24%
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Pleasant surprise from HRL. I only own 100 shares because growth is muted but selling puts at 45-46 is steady income every month. Close as I have to a crash proof stock. They could buy some growth with a loan written on a napkin. Maybe the best one day pop in a long time.
I never even heard of HRL. You guys keep surprising me with different stocks Smile

If chip stocks are heating up, between SOXL-AVGO-TSM-TXN it's like 1/6th of my port or something lol, so possibly good times ahead Smile
We were afraid you might fall asleep if we told you about Hormel lol. Boring aristocrat consumer staples stellar balance sheet. Very slow grower lately.