Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision while the trend is going down
(03-25-2020, 11:09 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 10:38 AM)dmonte Wrote: The world changed everyday recently, but it seems most of major economics have been in locked down mode. And a deterministic signal to me is that the Fed push out unlimited QE. My pessimistic view changed and feel things perhaps won't get worse from here by more severe events.

Therefore I have re-entered the market with 30% of my cash holding today, those will become my baseline of the new portfolio.

Going forward add on the ugly dip days and not the up days.  The market is historically oversold and this is a typical bull trap.  Could last a few more days but I doubt it.  Go slow but be ready to buy the fear.  I hope you just nibble and be very selective as there is no hurry.  Earnings reports are going to be horrible for a couple quarters.  PM me if you like.

Good evening. Finally called it another busy week.

Picked up some companies not for dividend but for potential, for example, MSFT, FB, DIS ...etc. since I do both DG and Growth in my profile and I am more familiar with those industries.
But I did sold most of them again on Thursday for a little profit due to USA peak the world. Too hard, I thought there might be no more news worst than what happened earlier this month, so did feel its good time start to deploy DCA for value or growth stocks (by the market situation now it is hard to cut a lines between those two types ). 

Earning report will be bad for most of companies in the world in the coming 2 quarters, so I guess that probably not going to make huge impact on individual companies price (unless airlines ...etc). But dividend cut certainly will happen to most of companies in the next quarter or two. Therefore I do not plan to buy any dividend stocks in 1 or 2 quarters before things settled.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decision while the trend is going down - by Binary - 03-17-2020, 02:40 AM
RE: Decision while the trend is going down - by dmonte - 03-27-2020, 10:17 PM