Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio?
(04-07-2019, 02:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I own about 20 stocks and the rest in ETFs and Mutuals.  If I am honest, practically everything I own is a longterm hold at the moment due to valuation after recent run up.  I'd like to think BMY and CVS are buys.  Perhaps PFE and BAC as well. 

My five UTEs are definitely overpriced and holds at the moment.  Same with my consumer staples.  

None of my oil stocks are buys.  If I was smart they are probably sells before 2019 ends.   I'll keep them, but they are just highly cyclical income stocks that will be crushed again.  I have no illusion of anything else.

My answer to this question would have been much different in December.
CVS, WBA, and BMY plus CELG are current buys imho. CELG more so earlier in the year to last year, now maybe BMY, on the fence due to the acquisition and the CELG run-up. I've decided to keep BMY after the BMY/CELG acquisition is complete--I was buying CELG and was hoping for the 60 plus stock price to hang around longer then came BMY..oh well...I'm also going to take BAM stock instead of the cash option for them basically taking over OAK.
20 stocks is a nice manageable number--57 takes some work--hell just starting a portfolio from scratch takes work!

One of the guys at work asked me what to do with his kplan and cash buyout--man...I didn't have an answer--I know what I'd do but I can't give others advice because what might work for me might not work out for someone else. Investing is no easy task, even going with ETF's and mutual funds, one can panic and sell just as easily with a fund as individual stocks--or buy when the market  or a fund is too hot--it doesn't matter
Portfolio's constantly change if nothing is done!

Messages In This Thread
Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio? - by rayray - 04-06-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio? - by ChadR - 04-06-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio? - by rayray - 04-07-2019, 11:15 AM
RE: Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio? - by Kerim - 04-14-2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio? - by rayray - 04-15-2019, 09:46 PM