Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portfolio
Here's my portfolio, no amounts or percentages and nothing fancy. Yes, it does seem a little heavy in the Oil and Gas Sector but in the grand scope of things adding my Kplan, I'm not overly exposed to that sector.

Roth-IRA

VGHCX Vanguard Healthcare Fund
VWELX Vanguard Wellington Fund

AFL
AAPL
BAX
BRK.b
BBL
BLK
BDN
CSG
CRUS
COP
DEO
EV
XOM
GE
HAL
HCP
HP
INVN
JNJ
KMI
NOV
TROW
RDS.b
UL
WPC
WMB

Brokerage Account

EMR
GOOG
MKL
OAK
SWIR

Fidelity 401 K-plan

Various allocated funds
Quite a few stocks in there that I own, but seems awfully light on consumer goods, utilities, and technology.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Yea, that bothers me, being light in consumer/defensive staples. By the time I got into individual stocks they were overpriced. I have an X amount set aside for a better entry point. WMT could be my next purchase. Luckily, the KPLAN is where most of the money is in, and that's diversified throughout the different sectors, I just don't have the option to do exactly what I want--the KPLAN is what it is, choices limited.
I'll have to find a better way to post my portfolio when I do an update rather then just typing in the tickers, something more organized. I did do a spreadsheet but not sure I feel comfortable posting $ amounts. Maybe I'll do a separate spreadsheet with tkrs/yields/divi's ect minus $ amounts of total portfolio.

Anyways, my very basic update for divi's(ROTH)+divi's/capital gains(Kplan) this calendar year I'm at

2608(ROTH)+3045(Kplan)=5653

Since my Kplan has all mutual funds that "x" amount is a mixture of divi's and capital gains distributed by the funds. It will be interesting to see how the much smaller ROTH does against the more then double the size Kplan in passive income distributed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

Ignore the colors, it's for my own benefit. This is just something I am doing to keep track of my monthly/yearly dividends and capital gains moving forward. I slowly started moving towards DGI in 2014--I'm interested in comparing 2015 to 2016.

If I knew how to do a snapshot I would have just done thatHuh
(11-22-2015, 10:33 AM)rayray Wrote: If I knew how to do a snapshot I would have just done thatHuh

Bro, look here. Undecided
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Okay, maybe this will work....if it does thank you DM!
Alright, it's been a while since my portfolio update. In 2016 I performed an "in-service" Kplan rollover to a Traditional IRA. That's a penalty free rollover while maintaining employment with current employer. Not all employers allow this option. I wanted some investment freedom with lower fees. In 2016, I also moved all my accounts to Fidelity the same brokerage that our company uses for the Kplan, it's easier and convenient having almost everything under one roof. The other brokerage I used was Vanguard, it's a great company but Fidelity has better research tools available and it's a better brokerage when investing in individual stocks with low trading fees. I'm no longer with Vanguard but would consider them in the future if I want to be in one of their funds, at this time I'm not considering that type of investment outside of Kplan dollars. I'll do a quick rundown from 2014 (the year I started DGI) to 2017. Calendar year 2016 was a lower year due to a larger position kept in cash because of the in-service transfer and taking a while to deploy the dollars. Up until 2016 I only had a ROTH, now I have a ROTH, Traditional IRA along with a small brokerage account, so starting in 2016 I just headed ROTH to Other because that total includes all three accounts: ROTH, IRA and brokerage account. The snowball is growing!

(Edit: I shouldn't have said I only had a ROTH until 2016. In 2016 I added a Traditional IRA (due to my in-service rollover) to my other accounts that consisted of a regular brokerage account, ROTH and Kplan)

ROTH    5742
Kplan  14334

Total   20075

MoAv  1673

ROTH    5588
Kplan  11893

Total   17480

MoAv    1457

Other   5690
Kplan   6561

Total  12252

MoAv   1021

Other    9110
Kplan  22365

Total   31475

MoAv    2623
it's been a while for portfolio update and it's changed over the years

kplan--in order for dollar amount most to least

company stock
magellan
tcw select
fidelity diversified international fund
active small cap fund
FIAM REIT fund
Gov't MMA (cash)

individual holdings from most to least

goog/googl
msft
xom
aapl
amzn
mo
nvda
brk.b
jnj
gild
bx
abbv
pg
fb
vz
mu
pm
nke
mga
v
qcom
amat
blk
iipr
unh
bam
sofi
td
abt
avgo
tsla
unp
nsc
isrg
tdoc
tsm
dis
amd
ma
adbe
nee
rblx
zts
arcb
pypl
sq
veev

28 500 plus in annual dividends average 2.1% yield

edit: with goog + googl = alphabet my number one holding other then the company stock i have in my kplan---i forgot to add the google positions
It's been a while I've updated this--quite frankly I forgot all about it!

I have 42 holdings plus kplan that consists of 3 ETF's--1 cash account--company stock

my holdings are:

NVDA--GOOGL/GOOG--MSFT--AAPL--AMZN--XOM--TSLA--BX--UNH--BRK.B--ELV--SHOP--ABBV--LRCX--AVGO--META--NKE--TMO--AMAT--V--TPL--DE--AMD--ISRG--MU--UNP--ABT--NSC--TSM--SAIA--ZTS--ODFL--ADBE--MA--MELI--ENPH--DIS--PAYC--VZ--SBUX--ACGL

2023 equity portfolio I had 8 up months and 4 down months--resulted with my best year--but that was also after a very bad 2022--but it did break ATH's

2023--the kplan returned 23.44%

out of 42 holding, 28 pay a dividend

i made 26 782 in dividends but that also includes 5% yielding cash accounts

I'm getting closer and closer to retirement--I'll say 7 more years

I got rid of some higher yielding co's but if compared 2022 vs 2023 it's only about a 2k dollar a year difference
2017 and 2021 were my best years for positive producing months, each with 10 positive months

2023 was best overall $ amount gain

while 2022 was worst $ amount loss

2008/2009 the Great Recession still remains worst % portfolio drop (-50% plus)--was battling cancer at this time--so i kind of missed the GR--treatments were BRUTAL

I can't remember the Dot-Com bust results % wise but I do remember I lost 8k dollars and at the time it was DEVASATING!
A memory just popped in my head--I use to go to my buddy's house all the time--during 2008 out of the blue his one dog would growl at me, and everytime i had my back to her she would nip me in the ass, kind of hard!!

Anyways, I was diagnosed with cancer and went through those brutal treatments, eventually getting a clean bill of health--After going from 238 pounds down to 156 pounds or so, when I felt somewhat better I went over to my buddy's house, where his dog put her paws and head on my lap and started crying--she wouldn't leave my side. It was quite remarkable, she smelled, sensed the cancer and when the cancer was gone she was overwhelmed with joy. Never experienced something like that with an animal.