Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OKE and BBL
Thinking of adding OKE or BBL this month. Is there one preferred than the other?

Thanks.
(07-01-2015, 04:20 PM)stewardinlife Wrote: Thinking of adding OKE or BBL this month. Is there one preferred than the other?

Thanks.

Different businesses with different business models. OKE is a pipeline company/MLP and BBL is a mining company. Why not both?
(07-01-2015, 06:22 PM)Dash Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 04:20 PM)stewardinlife Wrote: Thinking of adding OKE or BBL this month. Is there one preferred than the other?

Thanks.

Different businesses with different business models. OKE is a pipeline company/MLP and BBL is a mining company. Why not both?

BBL is a mining company with a touch of oilCool
Thank you for the input.

Love to purchase some from both. Want to ensure these are good quality businesses for a long term DG stock.

(I am still a beginner and learning, and started in April of this year; so far I have around 6K worth in JNJ, KO, PM, UNP, OHI and my recent purchase a week ago was WPC)

Thanks.
I have full positions in both--for what that's worth.

Ronn
I don't own either but if I had to choose I would go with BBL simply due to the much higher financial strength with its A+ credit rating vs. just BB+ from OKE.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I would go with BBL also, especially after the South32 demerger got rid of some of their low-margin businesses. Be aware that we still may have another year or two of sub-par returns until the iron ore & oil markets are back to functioning normally again. It could be a slow process.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Thanks for your input! I went with 25 shares of BBL today @ $36.51!
Nice entry point, SIL.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(07-08-2015, 08:43 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Nice entry point, SIL.
BBL has a bit high of a P/E, revenues are going down, thoughts?
(08-09-2015, 11:39 PM)notexactly Wrote:

At a quick glance (so it may be different) I have BBL at

Stock: 36.76
Annual div: 2.48
EPS: 3.74
PE: 9.82
Payout Ratio: 66.310
(08-10-2015, 07:09 AM)rayray Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 11:39 PM)notexactly Wrote:

At a quick glance (so it may be different) I have BBL at

Stock: 36.76
Annual div: 2.48
EPS: 3.74
PE: 9.82
Payout Ratio: 66.310

Weird, why is FAST graphs/my stock applications saying this then?

Attached Files Image(s)