Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCD
(09-09-2014, 04:26 PM)Kerim Wrote: I haven't been watching prices for a few days -- been taking care of family medical issues. Checked in this afternoon to see MCD closing in on $91.00?!?! Assuming I've got a few free minutes after the open tomorrow, you can be sure I'll be buying some Mickey Ds tomorrow.

There are many negative articles about MCD on Seeking Alpha today. I have not read them so cannot comment on their usefulness but you might want to have a look.

Long MCD for the long term. A decade or so ago Mickey D's had some issues that it came through all the stronger. I assume the same will happen this time.
I haven't looked too much into it but basically their earnings report showed decline across the board.
Might need to take a deeper look into it to see if it really effects the fundamentals.
Just bought a few shares at just over $91. I acknowledge the bad report, the bad press, and the negative sentiment surrounding the company right now. MCD is a global juggernaut, and I don't view its current ills as an existential threat. I see them as an opportunity to get in at a better price, and I am confident that they'll get the ship turned around in the next few years and grow earnings again.
Oh My, Had an alert set for 91.00 and it hit while i was sleeping, by the time i woke,,, it was up.

Maybe next hit.

Bummer.
You can set a limit order for 91 or if you are planning on buying multiples of 100 shares than you can sell a short-term put with a strike or 91.

I usually stick to selling the puts on my regular trading account and buying at market value on my IRA account (not trying to time anything in my IRA because I only do $1000 per transaction there).
This is a good year to buy MCD. The company currently runs into all kind of small problems (competition, pressure on margins, China, sales slowdown). The stock is not expensive (trading under PE 17) but still show great dividend growth potential.

Once those problems are solve, MCD will surge back again. I always like to add stocks that are not "trendy" to my portfolio but I don't have more fund to add to my broker account Sad. MCD weight 6% of my portfolio at the moment.

Cheers,
I've owned a few shares of MCD for a few years now. I have an order to pick them up at 88.00.
Got this from R2R's twitter feed: McDonald's Franchisees Say The Company Is Bankrupting Them

Pretty blistering.
(10-20-2014, 06:26 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Got this from R2R's twitter feed: McDonald's Franchisees Say The Company Is Bankrupting Them

Pretty blistering.

Hey...didnt know you were following me on Twitter. Whats your twitter handle?
What's yours R2R?

Mine is @Lewys120

(10-20-2014, 06:44 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 06:26 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Got this from R2R's twitter feed: McDonald's Franchisees Say The Company Is Bankrupting Them

Pretty blistering.

(10-20-2014, 06:46 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: What's yours R2R?

Mine is @Lewys120

(10-20-2014, 06:44 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:

Pretty blistering.

My twitter handle is: Roadmap2Retire
Interesting to see MCD not getting slaughtered more this morning. "Priced in" I suppose.