Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS, BNS.TO) increases dividends by 3.12% (second raise this year)

http://scotiabank.mwnewsroom.com/press-r...nM.twitter
Philip Morris announced a 6.4 increase today.pm increase
Realty Income (O) raises dividends by 0.17% (3rd time this year)
Yum Brands, Inc. (YUM) announced an 11% increase.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 16, 2014 — Microsoft also announced its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.31 per share, reflecting a 3-cent, or 11 percent, increase over the previous quarter’s dividend. The dividend is payable Dec. 11, 2014, to shareholders of record on Nov. 20, 2014. The ex-dividend date will be Nov. 18, 2014.

And everyone hates Mr. Softee?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(09-17-2014, 01:31 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 16, 2014 — Microsoft also announced its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.31 per share, reflecting a 3-cent, or 11 percent, increase over the previous quarter’s dividend. The dividend is payable Dec. 11, 2014, to shareholders of record on Nov. 20, 2014. The ex-dividend date will be Nov. 18, 2014.

And everyone hates Mr. Softee?

Added to the list. Not quite as big a raise as previous years, but I'll never complain about a double digit raise.

I am now up to a 4.24% yield on cost since buying last March. Not too shabby!
MCD raises dividend 5% from $0.81/quarter to $0.85/quarter

http://seekingalpha.com/news/1990705-mcd...5-dividend
(09-18-2014, 04:39 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: MCD raises dividend 5% from $0.81/quarter to $0.85/quarter

Not bad considering their challenges lately. It's above my goal so I can be patient.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(09-18-2014, 10:55 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 04:39 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: MCD raises dividend 5% from $0.81/quarter to $0.85/quarter

Not bad considering their challenges lately. It's above my goal so I can be patient.

Below my goal but was what I expected this time around. They are going through a bit of a rough patch, but I expect them to figure things out and get the ball rolling again in a few quarters.

Long MCD.
Texas Instruments (TXN) announced a 13% increase from $0.30 to $0.34.
Lockheed Martin (LMT) announced a 12.8% increase from $1.33 to $1.50 per share.
That's a great raise from LMT. The way I do the calculation, it is a 14.85% raise year over year ($4.78 in 2013 versus $5.49 in 2014) -- not bad at all! And with earnings continuing to move in the right direction, the payout ratio is also declining. Throw in the increased buyback, and all is looking good for LMT. And to think, you could have bought it with a 5% yield only two years ago!