Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(05-09-2022, 12:51 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 12:35 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:55 AM)rnsmth Wrote: My healthcare, JNJ, AMGN and GILD seem to be doing all right
Same here.  They have pulled back but other than oil about the safest game in town.

Oil isn't so safe today  Big Grin
I look forward to these days.  Wake me up when it stays down for a week.  It's been awhile.
It has been interesting to watch my beloved Broadcom. Its low for the year was actually back on January 25th at $534. It is currently at $562. If it goes below $550 again I may take out a second mortgage to load up Smile

Home Depot was my only positive position today.
StockGuru was the big winner today since she sold everything Wink

AVGO will be $250-$260 soon. Another name they ran up to nosebleed sections. Sell the 1 shares you have now and buy back 50% off from todays levels.

Ken just wondering how are those 3x etf's doing? Did you get out and buy the drug names and utes? SOXL now at $19. Crazy correction
(05-09-2022, 03:29 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It has been interesting to watch my beloved Broadcom.  Its low for the year was actually back on January 25th at $534.  It is currently at $562.  If it goes below $550 again I may take out a second mortgage to load up Smile

Home Depot was my only positive position today.
Glad you posted today.  I was about ready to give up on the site and hang out on the dividend Discord I found.  I only had a  few green stocks today.   I have been careful but I am almost back to 3% off ATH again.  That happened fast
And some great chip stocks are getting destroyed. I will nibble some of those soon. Tech is hated so I will add slow.
(05-09-2022, 04:37 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And some great chip stocks are getting destroyed.  I will nibble some of those soon.  Tech is hated so I will add slow.

That's what I'm doing. I may be early but the think about the market is you cant time it and call the bottom. We all said the same thing during the covid tank. Looks how much they rebounded. You have to play the game to win. At some point you will win lol

I was less then 2% tech so I'm getting back in now

NVDA, FB, GOOG, CRWD, TXN, AMD and LRCX

I will buy 3-5 each tomorrow and 1 GOOG 

To cover those trades will trim some of my big winners
(05-09-2022, 04:47 PM)ConnerM Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 04:37 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And some great chip stocks are getting destroyed.  I will nibble some of those soon.  Tech is hated so I will add slow.

That's what I'm doing. I may be early but the think about the market is you cant time it and call the bottom. We all said the same thing during the covid tank. Looks how much they rebounded. You have to play the game to win. At some point you will win lol

I was less then 2% tech so I'm getting back in now

NVDA, FB, GOOG, CRWD, TXN, AMD and LRCX

I will buy 3-5 each tomorrow and 1 GOOG 

To cover those trades will trim some of my big winners
It's as good a time as any if you go slow.  Market don't move in straight lines for too long.  It's possible some on your list are close enough to a bottom. As long as you can add more you will have a nice stable of tech.  There is nothing on that list that won't be relevant and solvent a few years from now.  Unfortunately no V bottom like the COVID wreck.  We aren't going to get  epic liquidity insertion from Uncle Jerome this time.
(05-09-2022, 03:53 PM)Mr1share Wrote: StockGuru was the big winner today since she sold everything Wink

AVGO will be $250-$260 soon. Another name they ran up to nosebleed sections. Sell the 1 shares you have now and buy back 50% off from todays levels.

Ken just wondering how are those 3x etf's doing? Did you get out and buy the drug names and utes? SOXL now at $19. Crazy correction

Unfortunately I did not.  But that's a drop in the bucket compared to what has happened to my company stock.  We lost a $2 billion lawsuit that is absolutely crazy.  I'm sure we will win on the appeal, but for now we are down from the high of $140 in September to $44 now.

New money all goes into DGI stocks like ABBV, SCHD, CVS, HPQ, and BX, but new money has been hard to come by with my large tax bill, huge car repair bills, furnace repairs, and a daughter who is suddenly into super healthy food sending me to the grocery store daily for fresh fruits & vegetables driving up food costs.
I saw the news this morning. That was a devasting hit. The court judgement is over half PEGA's market cap. I don't know how this gets better but I sure hope it does somehow. You were trying so hard to lighten your exposure to company stock when it ran. The tax implication would have been crazy to do it all at once. This really, really sucks. Sad
(05-10-2022, 11:16 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I saw the news this morning. That was a devasting hit.  The court judgement is over half PEGA's market cap.  I don't know how this gets better but I sure hope it does somehow.  You were trying so hard to lighten your exposure to company stock when it ran.  The tax implication would have been crazy to do it all at once.  This really, really sucks.  Sad

Yes it does!  But hopefully ...
1. The company eventually wins its appeal.
2. The company completes its transition to subscription based contracts.
3. Rates stabilize and eventually tech goes back into favor.
4. The company's product offerings continue to win sales.
So that by 2025, the stock price is back to where it was or higher, and this will all have been a bad dream  Cool

And likewise for the triple ETFs, I don't expect a 6 month comeback like 2020, but hopefully by 2025-2026 they are flying again.  Though I have a new rule to take profits when they reach new highs (!!!) so this will never happen to me again.

And by 2028 child support will end for sure, and after that I should be able to dramatically increase my investing.  My retirement age has probably moved from 60 to 63 though.
Wow U performing just like UPST did last night. Coin as well. No mercy for slowing growth. Off with the heads as they say. Brutal

I don’t own but know these names were suppose to be the future. Guess the future is light years away now. Wow!

I don’t own much tech but in the last few days my good companies got hit. Some of my banks getting hit hard and I just may have to add to some of them.

I’m trying to get back into the spirit of stocks lol

HD, SBUX and NKE new lows today.

AMZN as well. I’m sticking to my guns and an only adding to the quality names I already own. But if AMZN gets to $1500 I may buy. Wink

Sorry about your company stock. That does suck. Hope it turns around soon.
There were a lot of misses from the well known SPACs and IPOs today. Amazing how many are 75% off highs. Practically all of them have been exposed.