Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Well it's been about a week since an update. It's been a roller coaster but I am currently down just under 3% off ATH. FB and solar have been my losers since DEC but both seem to be out of free-fall mode, market willing of course. My only big winners are oil, and selling mostly conservative covered puts and calls. The market is so volatile, and often provides opportunities to close them out in a week or less. Not the plan but taking what the market gives, because it will sure take something away in a hurry lately.
And back to 4.8% off portfolio high. I should probably be thankful it's not worse given where all the indexes are. The only thing cushioning the blow is selling covered calls on almost everything. Premiums remain high due to volatility.
I'll continue to post this thread. It will serve as a reference. I am still transferring accounts so I will lose easy access to some historicals.

Currently down 3.6% off my ATH. If this sounds too amazing it's because it is. A minimum of 20% of this port is always in cash-like assets. Carefully selling covered puts and calls has helped a lot as it usually generates income without getting me committed to shares that would have been down considerably by now. I am starting to lose some positions to call exercises. It comes with the territory.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. Some of the higher dividend stocks are still holding up.
(03-04-2022, 05:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll continue to post this thread. It will serve as a reference.  I am still transferring accounts so I will lose easy access to some historicals.  

Currently down 3.6% off my ATH.  If this sounds too amazing it's because it is.  A minimum of 20% of this port is always in cash-like assets.  Carefully selling covered puts and calls has helped a lot as it usually generates income without getting me committed to shares that would have been down considerably by now.  I am starting to lose some positions to call exercises.  It comes with the territory.  

I hope everyone else is hanging in there.  Some of the higher dividend stocks are still holding up.

At the close today, we are 3.8% off our high, thanks in part to a 20% energy allocation and 5% in LMT

Fully invested at this point and plan to remain that way
(03-12-2022, 03:12 AM)rnsmth Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 05:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll continue to post this thread. It will serve as a reference.  I am still transferring accounts so I will lose easy access to some historicals.  

Currently down 3.6% off my ATH.  If this sounds too amazing it's because it is.  A minimum of 20% of this port is always in cash-like assets.  Carefully selling covered puts and calls has helped a lot as it usually generates income without getting me committed to shares that would have been down considerably by now.  I am starting to lose some positions to call exercises.  It comes with the territory.  

I hope everyone else is hanging in there.  Some of the higher dividend stocks are still holding up.

At the close today, we are 3.8% off our high, thanks in part to a 20% energy allocation and 5% in LMT

Fully invested at this point and plan to remain that way
I am just a hair under -4% off ATH.  I probably could have made that near zero with even heavier investment in oil and defense stocks.  I think I am comfortable where I am.  If I put anymore focus into not losing capital temporarily, I am pretty sure I will forego market gains when that finally happens.
Well at least HTGC has stayed strong for me. It's now my #2 stock holding behind AVGO.
My port is about even now. I have stocks that are still down but I set personal records for income and it's held me up. That and oil.
It was nice to have a rare good day this year Smile

HPQ is doing well for me. I started buying in September at $27.71 a share, and now it is $39.39. Yield is still looking good at 2.64%. I have it up to Full Position status, hoping to get it to Large Position by the end of the year.
My healthcare, JNJ, AMGN and GILD seem to be doing all right
(05-09-2022, 10:55 AM)rnsmth Wrote: My healthcare, JNJ, AMGN and GILD seem to be doing all right
Same here.  They have pulled back but other than oil about the safest game in town.
(05-09-2022, 12:35 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:55 AM)rnsmth Wrote: My healthcare, JNJ, AMGN and GILD seem to be doing all right
Same here.  They have pulled back but other than oil about the safest game in town.

Oil isn't so safe today  Big Grin
I actually added 6 oil names. They are selling their winners to make up for losses. Oil is still the best game in town.

XOM, CVX, CPG, DVN, OXY and VLO