Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten 2022 Predictions.
I'm down like two touchdowns early in the second quarter. Smile And you'll have to pick first so I can make sure some of my picks are different or this is over already.

I really thought the Cards would be competitive.
And what a train wreck that Cowboy drive was. That was some bad football.
(01-18-2022, 03:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote: ..... or this is over already.
Nope Your still in it to win it- I'm picking 2 upsets !! Any given Sunday so they say.

Tampa favored by 2 1/2, I'm taking the Rams
KC favored by 2 1/2 I'm taking Buffalo

Final picks  - Titans, Packers, Buffalo, Rams

and I certainly wouldn't count Joe Burrows and Co out. Not by a long shot.

Let's play some football!!
 - Scoot
Oh wow, I thought the Bills would be favored. I thought that would be my upset pick. I've probably mentioned I like Mahomes because he is fearless in the clutch but the Bills were totally dominant. I'll be cheering for the Chiefs so that pick is easy. Unless the odds change it would be cheating my underdog rules but I'd be good with

Titans-Packers-Chiefs-Bucs

Should be four competitive games.
(01-18-2022, 12:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Oh wow, I thought the Bills would be favored.  I thought that would be my upset pick.  I've probably mentioned I like Mahomes because he is fearless in the clutch but the Bills were totally dominant.  I'll be cheering for the Chiefs so that pick is easy.  Unless the odds change it would be cheating my underdog rules but I'd be good with

Rules are made to be broken. I'm good with your picks.

If there was actual monies on the line , They are the pretty close to the picks I would have probably went with.

Mahomes is a phenom! Love to watch him play. His Gunslinger style of play reminds me of Farve.
(01-18-2022, 01:38 PM)Scooterd Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Oh wow, I thought the Bills would be favored.  I thought that would be my upset pick.  I've probably mentioned I like Mahomes because he is fearless in the clutch but the Bills were totally dominant.  I'll be cheering for the Chiefs so that pick is easy.  Unless the odds change it would be cheating my underdog rules but I'd be good with

Rules are made to be broken. I'm good with your picks.

If there was actual monies on the line , They are the pretty close to the picks I would have probably went with.

Mahomes is a phenom! Love to watch him play. His Gunslinger style of play reminds me of Farve.
Exactly why I like to watch him.  Doesn't always work but when he gets hot the field seems small.

When we "gambled" overseas we were loose with the rules as well. Stakes were tiny and playoff first rounds can go wonky. No fun if half the guys were out of contention with three rounds left to go. We did it the same though. If you are winning you pick first so the contenders can rollthe dice and choose some underdogs. At some point I'll have to pick against the Packers but there are only a couple teams with a shot at defeating them. I wlll not pick against them at home unless I am desperate. Smile

I am probably going to watch the Packers with my Sis in law. She bleeds green, and lives in Bears country so she has no friends this time of year lol. I've never been a Bears fan but I like it when they are competitive because GB-CHI is one helluva good rivalry. Arguably the best in the league. I say rivalries are very good for any sport, and better when the outcome is actually in question.

I also like Mahomes because he is humble, even if he looks a bit like a punk off the streets. I've seen the midfield exchanges after he beats a legend. He seems in touch with the fact that he is in his prime and they are in the waning years of a career. One of the reasons I loved Peyton Manning. A real pro is classy in victory or defeat.
Round 1 -
Bengals-Bills-Bucs-Cowboys-Chiefs-Cards. - Fender
Bengals, Bills, Bucs, 49er's, Chiefs, Rams. - Scoot

Divisional -
Titans-Packers-Chiefs-Bucs - Fender
Titans, Packers, Buffalo, Rams - Scoot

As I stated  - "and I certainly wouldn't count Joe Burrows and Co out. Not by a long shot".

Sloppy sloppy game (for both teams) ending in a late pick setting up the Cincy 52 yard FG resulting in 19/16 win.
Burrows sacked 9 times. Cincy O line was Swiss cheese.
Tannehill picks were costly for Titans.
Kid at work said Cincy would handle the Titans.
(01-22-2022, 09:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Kid at work said Cincy would handle the Titans.

Wow both number 1 seeds out. UN-believable. 49ers move on.

Only team I have left to root for is Buffalo.
I sure didn't expect both the #1 seeds to get knocked out in the divisional. I like KC and Buffalo. I wasn't hoping to see Brady in another Superbowl but the odds of that just improved some.
This week Buffalo and Brady

Next week Buffalo and Brady
(01-23-2022, 11:22 AM)NilesMike Wrote: This week Buffalo and Brady

Next week Buffalo and Brady
I wouldn't make a big bet against that prediction, which would make a week of Buffalo vs Brady.
Halftime of the KC-BUF game and it has occurred to me through the weekend that either of us could have went 0-4. Think I''ll stay away from Vegas sports betting. What a great divisional weekend for competitiveness. Can't ask anymore from Brady. Stafford is playing well but you can't give up the second have to Brady. Not saying they sat on a lead because I was at work and didn't see it, but that lead melted like butter.