Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
I need to look at my top ten soon. I am guessing the bottom half has flipped around some. My index ETFs are all larger than any of my individual stocks now as I took my low conviction plays and some cash and have been averaging in on the dip. My income funds are giving back a little but not too bad yet. I am trying to add things that are not overvalued in case there is a bigger beating in store. I am just glad I dumped my no profit small caps before they crashed. I have never seen small caps get hit this bad while the broad market was still doing OK. It's hard to find one that hasn't dipped well over 50%.
Well I am certainly not getting out unscathed. I think I was fairly well prepared for this but still down almost 5.5% off ATH and 2022 which is about the same thing. Continuing to nibble in to beaten down tech. I could probably put another 5% of my port in tech but any more than that I need to wait for a real meltdown. If this continues I'm pretty sure some of the value/dividend stocks with not low enough PEs will get whacked eventually and maybe I can add a few positions on the watchlist.
My DGI portfolio was down 0.76% today, with the biggest loser being Visa at a -3.90%.

My "growth" portfolio was down 7.2%!!!

Biggest losers GBTC, TTD, SHOP, ETHE were all down more than 10%.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
My first post

My 2 biggest losers were PYPL 5.62% and DIS at 6.19%

My only winner was TXN lol

Stock market valuations, driven by low interest rates and trillions of dollars pumped into the money supply, cannot maintain lofty levels in the absence of revenue and profit to support the stock price. Interest rates going up, stock valuations going down. Disney performance as a company was better in 2018. Recently, revenue up, costs up, profits down. Disney theme park business not recovered from Covid yet, and the online stuff has stiff competition -- see what happened to Netflix today. Valuations going down to meet the reality of the actual business performance. I'm afraid my Disney going down, maybe below $100.

The problem with people like me is; I'm fully invested and cant lower my costs on big correction. I don't have enough money lying around like all your guys do lol. So I dont really care what the market does today or tomorrow. I'm in for 25 + years. But it does suck losing all this money Wink I'm sure many people are in same boat as me. I invested like 25k and that's all I had to put in. I'm letting that ride and wont be adding as I don't have anything extra $$ to add. l I'm broke lol
A lot of the guys and gals here are fully invested and just feed their work 401K the real money. I have control of mine now. I am retiring in months and got scared a few years ago and invested defensively, and a lot of cash lately. I am not rich for sure even though I buy three times a week. Just trying to deploy some of the cash growthy and find the right allocation for the next few years.

Back on topic my utilities were up a bit today and not much else. Not sure I have anything up for the week.
Remember gentlemen, it’s not a loss unless you sell it! It’s an opportunity to lower your cost….

If you have time that is….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-22-2022, 12:49 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Remember gentlemen, it’s not a loss unless you sell it! It’s an opportunity to lower your cost….

It's all fun and games until somebody files BK or announces a reverse split.  Smile
(01-22-2022, 04:07 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:49 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Remember gentlemen, it’s not a loss unless you sell it! It’s an opportunity to lower your cost….

It's all fun and games until somebody files BK or announces a reverse split.  Smile

There will be a lot of BK announcements this year. Unless the republican's flip the house   Big Grin

And we all wanted a buying opportunity and got one. I'm not sitting on the sidelines this time. I am buying big right now. I missed my chance on the covid dip. Not going to this time. I'm only 31, so I can buy tech here and ride it out lol
I would ease in on tech unless they are truly cheap. Until you get some earnings reports in. You can always panic buy on the way higher as wrong as that sounds. . Plenty of decent tech stocks down 25%. They won't get away overnight. I will be pleasantly surprised if the market doesn't chop around for six months.

Only BK I expect are the sham IPOs that won't sniff a profit during this economic cycle. Those stocks are getting too cheap to dilute with so they'll be paying some loan shark interest to keep the game going.
Good: JNJ, LMT, and oil companies.

Bad: NEE, tech companies, TGT, WSO.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
My port is green today and I haven' been able to say that often this month. I consider not getting killed a win lately. Down almost 6% off all time high. That's a win too IMO.
(01-25-2022, 05:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: My port is green today and I haven' been able to say that often this month.  I consider not getting killed a win lately.  Down almost 6% off all time high. That's a win too IMO.

No way in hell are you green today unless your 100% oil  Big Grin