Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Added TROW (again) and SBUX. Also added META yesterday.
^same here on TROW

AVGO finally back to sub 600. Hoping for a continued slide.
(01-14-2022, 11:40 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I am not buying anything today, but I get lots of dividends in over the next two weeks.

Will be buying RY, I know that for sure.

Months 1-4-7-10 are sure wonderful.  Most of the big payers throw us a bone those months.
Today's moves in my Roth:

Sold T @$27.00

Bought:
- BBY @$100.16
- QSR @$56.66
- WSM @145.48
(01-14-2022, 02:02 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Today's moves in my Roth:

Sold T @$27.00

Bought:
- BBY @$100.16
- QSR @$56.66
- WSM @145.48
I think the T sell and diversify is VERY wise.  Sure T could run up another couple %,  but after the modest run the risk reward is now lacking with their vague guidance.
(01-14-2022, 02:17 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Sold T @$27.00

Bought:
- BBY @$100.16
- QSR @$56.66
- WSM @145.48
I think the T sell and diversify is VERY wise.  Sure T could run up another couple %,  but after the modest run the risk reward is now lacking with their vague guidance.

I was going to wait for $28 to sell but as those three were trading down decided to go ahead a buck cheaper. I already owned each, now I own more. 

Still have some T in my taxable account, about 40% of a full position. Will trim some at $28, probably another trim if it gets to $30. OK with holding until the spinoff too if the price doesn't keep going up.. A year ago it was very close to a full position.
(01-14-2022, 02:22 PM)cemanuel Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 02:17 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Sold T @$27.00

Bought:
- BBY @$100.16
- QSR @$56.66
- WSM @145.48

I was going to wait for $28 to sell but as those three were trading down decided to go ahead a buck cheaper. I already owned each, now I own more. 

Still have some T in my taxable account, about 40% of a full position. Will trim some at $28, probably another trim if it gets to $30. OK with holding until the spinoff too if the price doesn't keep going up.. A year ago it was very close to a full position.
Always smart to move in or out slowly.  It's my greatest investing crime TBH.  I am always a little too fast buying or selling becauise I lose confidence or am over zealous in the short term.  l suppose that is kind of normal.  I make small moves now because  I know I am almost certainly over-reacting at least a little in either direction.
Small caps are getting scorched yet again. I need to dig in and see if the profitable ones are doing OK.
(01-14-2022, 12:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:40 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I am not buying anything today, but I get lots of dividends in over the next two weeks.

Months 1-4-7-10 are sure wonderful.  Most of the big payers throw us a bone those months.

Maybe I live on a different planet, but for me the last month of the quarter, so 3-6-9-12, is definitely the busiest when it comes to dividends. 
The only reason I don't starve during the first two months of the quarter is the big dividends from Canadian banks.
(01-14-2022, 03:13 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Maybe I live on a different planet, but for me the last month of the quarter, so 3-6-9-12, is definitely the busiest when it comes to dividends. 
The only reason I don't starve during the first two months of the quarter is the big dividends from Canadian banks.
Maybe I am off by a month but I have two dead dividend months per quarter. I don't withdraw them yet so I could definitely  be wrong.
(01-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Dario33 Wrote: ^same here on TROW

AVGO finally back to sub 600.  Hoping for a continued slide.

In the world of glass half full, I'm planning to get lots more this year when funds become available so it just needs to stay sub-600 until I'm done with my purchases.
(01-14-2022, 08:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Dario33 Wrote: ^same here on TROW

AVGO finally back to sub 600.  Hoping for a continued slide.

In the world of glass half full, I'm planning to get lots more this year when funds become available so it just needs to stay sub-600 until I'm done with my purchases.
I think a better plan might be to NOT be done anytime soon, and add some shares quarterly.  Add some more on a real dip.  It's a wonderful company.  I think it's actually outperformed or real close to some of the FANG stocks the past 10 years.  It's been a great stock much longer than that though.  If you pull up a 20 year chart the first five years look flat.  Look closer and that's not the case.  It was doubling every three years or so even back then when tech wasn't loved at all.  Personally I wouldn't FOMO all in at a 40 PE as chips will remain be somewhat cyclical.  Might not seem like it but you'll get a chance to add some at better values.  Same with most of the FAANGs.  I am adding but not going to lose my mind because I am 18 months late for that.