Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(12-21-2021, 05:09 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well hopefully it will be volatile in a good way Smile  Too much doom and gloom recently.
My guess is a little of both.  Covid is going to hurt some earnings reports.  Now we wait to see if the market cares for more than a few days.  We'll be right back to speculating whether or not the FED will indeed raise rates.  Infrastructure/Social Plan passage or not will matter too.
Pretty decent day, and notably, back-to-back up days and it feels like it has been a while for that.

But more importantly, I solved a FreeCell game in 2:08, a new record!
Port at all time high, and much higher than I thought it would get to in 2021. Looks to be a great week ahead of us folks! As usual, SOXL carried the day, up 8.28%.

The taxable account is now just a few hundred dollars shy of reaching $100,000 in net profit since I started it in November 2019 with $65, which is all I had left after finishing off divorce payments.
Oh it's you again lol. I am getting tired of seeing SOXL at the very top of my watch list every day. Smile I haven't checked my port yet but I am sure I am near my ATH.
VSTO is back and up 4% today. I torment with this one. I discovered them at sub $20 and now at $44 and stuck in a range. They continue to make small acquisitions without dilution and the earnings keep growing every quarter. $9.00 2022 earnings for a $44 stock is hard to sell. Market CAP is still only about $2B. If earnings fell to $6.00 which nobody predicts I'd be holding a sub 10 PE stock. I think I need to forget I own this stock and be patient.
Final day of the year featured some surprising heroes at the top:

OXLC, up 2.94%, and for me overall this year I was up 9.67% on this, to go with the 12% yield
HD, up 1.24%, and overall I was up 38.54% on this
ARCC, up 1.05% and overall I was up 7.8% on this

On the down side, a bunch of my ETFs were down just a little over 1%: CURE, TECL, RETL, TQQQ. IVR was the biggest loser. I don't expect him to do well in 2022 price-wise given all the mortgage rate drama.
I far exceeded my 2021 goals and was even at a port ATH until the pullback late yesterday. It was a good year and I have plenty of cash for next week.
Good start to 2022. TSM, which I brought back with a small position after getting out too soon, got the win. SHW took the loss.

Also, it was only a couple weeks ago when I did my top 10 non-ETF ranking, which had the top 5 as:

1. AVGO
2. STX
3. ORCL
4. MSFT
5. OXLC

It now is:

1. AVGO
2. STX
3. OXLC
4. ORCL
5. MSFT

Kind of entertaining Smile OXLC has so far been second to only RQI in my high yielders for price appreciation, but with double the latter's yield.
I was nervous when I saw the NASDAQ down over 200 points today, but my port was only slightly down today. Phew! FAS was the biggest winner, CURE the biggest loser.
I am at ATH the last few days. That hasn't happened much for 6 weeks. I have increased my tech exposure a lot lately so I won't be escaping tech or index beatdowns like I did most of last year.
(01-04-2022, 06:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I am at ATH the last few days.  That hasn't happened much for 6 weeks.  I have increased my tech exposure a lot lately so I won't be escaping tech or index beatdowns like I did most of last year.

That must give you a lot of confidence to enter retirement.

I'm only $5k away from ATH in E*Trade.

I'm very itchy for the trading window to open again so I can sell company stock, move the cash into E*Trade, and start meeting my 2022 targets. Although, I may sell, hold onto the cash for a while, and wait for a huge dip.
I have cash for a couple years of retirement. I got no problem hiding in index funds and core holdings when the bad year comes. I have ditched all my spec stuff except a couple solar stocks. They are profitable so no panic.