Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Crazy the difference in how my portfolios are behaving today.

My DGI portfolio is exactly flat, while my growth/tech portfolio is down 5.12% overall.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-03-2021, 03:29 PM)EricL Wrote: Crazy the difference in how my portfolios are behaving today.

My DGI portfolio is exactly flat, while my growth/tech portfolio is down 5.12% overall.
I don't know how much software you own, but they were taken behind the woodshed the past few days.   

I'm still hanging in there.  My port was close to flat and I am now down 3.2% off all time highs.  I'm thankful for that. I've been slowly adding QQQ-SPY-FB to get a little more tech so I should creep a little closer to market beta.  My stodgy old dividend stocks held me up some this week.  I think I had 6 or 7 green stocks today.   

I know you mostly don't own the SPACs but the real bloodletting is there.  I have a few youtube channels I watch and they have mostly gone silent.  A couple of them are just grifters leading their sheep off the cliff.  He has 700K subscribers.  I just want to scream through my monitor because I knew this was coming.  He pretends to be teaching them fundamental analysis and it's all meaningless babble. He is just a BS artist.  Literally ten picks in a row for 2021 and all of them down, most of them down 30-60%.  He started his channel hyping TSLA and has 700K subscribers.  The masses are finally figuring it out they assembled a port with nothing but profitless small caps that still aren't cheap after getting halved. Now he is getting worried and warning them this could get worse. Many of them are already busted from cycling through about two passes of his stock picks.
My software company is now down 16.85% year to date Sad

I didn't look at my E*Trade port today; I have every confidence it will come back in a few months. But my company stock is another matter. Hopefully it recovers next year.
(12-03-2021, 08:11 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My software company is now down 16.85% year to date Sad

I didn't look at my E*Trade port today; I have every confidence it will come back in a few months.  But my company stock is another matter.  Hopefully it recovers next year.
Congrats, that is way above market average right now.  When you get bored take a look at the high flyers.  It's rough. then look at the low flyers and it gets worse.  Your employee is a Strong Buy from CFRA. I'd stick to your plan and average out. If the market remains bullish you might just get a nice pop.

And yes you will be fine. I could live with 90% of your stocks if I had to.   Big Grin  Let me find something like a bottom and I may join you in some TQQQ.
I'm adding to Comcast (CMCSA) today on the 5% drop.

Dave
Part of the joy of being a dividend growth investor is not worrying about my winners and losers on a daily basis.
(12-07-2021, 03:55 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Part of the joy of being a dividend growth investor is not worrying about my winners and losers on a daily basis.

It lets you be prescient too. I know my big winner tomorrow. ADM. Pays its dividend.  Wink
(12-07-2021, 03:55 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Part of the joy of being a dividend growth investor is not worrying about my winners and losers on a daily basis.

This is absolutely true; this thread is just theater.

Now, before I get too excited about today's huge gains, I'm only up about $2k now from when the Omnicron concerns arose.  Without a big drop, there can't be a big jump.

On with the show ...

SOXL at the plate.  TECL, TQQQ and ASML on the bases.

The pitch.

Swing and a drive!

Deep to left.

Way back!  Way back!  Home run!  

Over the monster, and onto the Mass Pike!

Best day for my port ever, by a lot.  My top position was up 15%.  Back to all-time high.  Go Christmas rally!

As Ken said this thread is mostly for entertainment purposes.  It's great to see you on the forum.  I often do trade about 5-10% of my port but the daily swings don't mean much as my port is low beta than the SP500 overall, which is a goal.
I know it's early, but I am so glad I cashed out DFEN the other day and bulked up ORCL to 100 shares. Up 17% today!!!

For those keeping score at home, AVGO is still my biggest single stock position, up over 7% itself today, but ORCL moved into the #2 spot ahead of STX and MSFT.
(12-10-2021, 09:52 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I know it's early, but I am so glad I cashed out DFEN the other day and bulked up ORCL to 100 shares.  Up 17% today!!!

For those keeping score at home, AVGO is still my biggest single stock position, up over 7% itself today, but ORCL moved into the #2 spot ahead of STX and MSFT.

Nice. Congrats!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
... and just like that, I had my 2nd best day of the year, with ye old leveraged port up 5.92%.

Except ... it's not true, because if you count company stock, today was pretty bad.