Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
M&A and spinoffs get more common every year. Chances of a full career for a single company seem remote. That's not just tech though. And I have great confidence chips will do fine long-term, no clue about a year from now. The stocks anyway.
(11-20-2021, 08:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote: M&A and spinoffs get more common every year.  Chances of a full career for a single company seem remote.  That's not just tech though.  And I have great confidence chips will do fine long-term, no clue about a year from now.  The stocks anyway.

I'll reach 25 years at my tech company this coming July.  I did have an 11 month stint at Raytheon and I think I never put that thread up about my horror stories, my bad.
RTX is one of my larger holdings Smile
(11-20-2021, 07:47 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 06:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Remember not long back when you said end of year 2022 into 2023 for semis to surge?  That prediction actually made sense but here we are.  Smile  Do they have chips to sell or not?  I actually think the low tech chip shortage will be over soon. Seems impossible for the high end to be solved soon as long as demand remains high.

Yeah, at the first sign of the chip shortage easing, they surged.  I expect chip stocks to stay in favor into, well, as far as I can see with my crystal ball.  From a pure growth perspective, NVDA is the champion, but from a DGI perspective, AVGO remains the king.

Amusing story.  One of my best friends got a job at Analog Devices here in the Boston area after college.  He worked there for about 10 years, had enough, quit, and moved around to the various chip companies here.  Recently, the company he was working for was bought out by Analog, so he's back to where he started.

they've been doing well recently--i own--AVGO/QCOM/MRVL/CSCO/AMAT/LRCX/MU/NVDA/TSM

NVDA is one of my larger positions and i was buying mu/amat/lrcx for a bit not that long ago

the only one i'm not too keen on is csco but i hold it anyways
i'm also bullish on anything futuristic/ai/machine learning/metaverse etc etc

been accumulating RBLX/ATVI/FB/GOOGL/AMZN/MTTR/

and some others

but rblx is one of my favs--i really like the future of this company

oh how can i forget about msft, another large position
Thanks for the tips Ray! I had never heard of RBLX before. They've nearly doubled in the past couple of weeks!

I have another friend who works at QualComm. Lots of tech companies in the Boston area.
(11-20-2021, 11:02 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Thanks for the tips Ray!  I had never heard of RBLX before.  They've nearly doubled in the past couple of weeks!

I have another friend who works at QualComm.  Lots of tech companies in the Boston area.

rblx ran up on me--so now i'll sit out a bit--then go back

i listen to Roblox's podcasts

https://corp.roblox.com/
(11-20-2021, 08:24 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 08:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote: M&A and spinoffs get more common every year.  Chances of a full career for a single company seem remote.  That's not just tech though.  And I have great confidence chips will do fine long-term, no clue about a year from now.  The stocks anyway.

I'll reach 25 years at my tech company this coming July.  I did have an 11 month stint at Raytheon and I think I never put that thread up about my horror stories, my bad.
Why did I think you are about 40yrs old?   Big Grin
(11-20-2021, 08:49 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 08:24 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Why did I think you are about 40yrs old?   Big Grin

Cool

48, but I'm still 40-something!
You're at the age where I stopped caring hold old I was. It's rare to do a full career at one company now.
Bought TDOC and some MA

TDOC hasn't been at these levels since 3/2020
Port down just a little over 1% for the week so I survived. I tried jumping out the basement window a couple times but it didn't work. Smile Half my losses are in my Russell 2000 index fund. I'll stay the course. It's a core holding. It's about the only index truly undervalued now but it could go lower of course. Very tempted to average in just a little more.