Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
TSLA just keeps rolling.
One of those see-saw days. Some big-time losers today: DFEN, RETL, LHX, FB, UPST all were down over 3%. NVDA had a good day, as did HAS. And ... that's about it.
LMT took me behind the woodshed. HAS earnings option play worked well overnight.
Some of my best ever option trades. Conservative but lots of capital involved and the stocks moved in the right direction enough on earnings. I just killed it with ENPH and the rest of my solar.

Port.................. dead flat again lol. I have a new stock every day the market just hates. I guess that is why my strategies are diversified.
Yes HAS really surprised me going up like it it
(10-28-2021, 08:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: Yes HAS really surprised me going up like it it
Most of the big retailers get priority shipping and HAS got enough product here for Christmas.  It's a real decent div stock though it is prone to some seasonality.  And tis be the right season for HAS.  It's a good hold or swing trade as it has somewhat of a floor under it.
Had an awesome day!

Um, scratch that. I had a horrible day. Sad

Yeah, my E*Trade portfolio went way up today, but my company stock went even more down. All because some of the deals that would have made this quarter big closed early and made last quarter big.
I saw your company stock missed.  Do they not provide guidance to analysts?
(10-28-2021, 04:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I saw your company stock missed.  Do they not provide guidance to analysts?

Our guidance is to look at total ACV growth as the most important metric, and on that front, we're doing well.
(10-28-2021, 07:54 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 04:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I saw your company stock missed.  Do they not provide guidance to analysts?

Our guidance is to look at total ACV growth as the most important metric, and on that front, we're doing well.
You are selling shares every month so it matters what the market thinks they are worth.
(10-28-2021, 10:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 07:54 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

You are selling shares every month so it matters what the market thinks they are worth.

Thanks to the dividends my E*Trade account produces, I don't have to sell PEGA stock regularly.  The dividends are enough to cover my budget.  I still need to sell company stock to cover vacations, fun purchases, gifts, charities, and repairs.  So I can go one of two ways:
1. Sell some stock now anyway because I can move it into equities that are doing well
2. Wait until next year when hopefully it goes back up.
I would do both. Sell small amounts throughout the year. Just DCA in reverse. Sell a little more when it is actually up. I don't know that much about your company, but the sector will bleed hard in a severe market downturn. That is very likely to bother you if you are overweight shares? There will be a storm and I think you should ride it out with some of that money in blue chips or indexes.