Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(09-27-2021, 08:55 AM)kblake Wrote: added some VLO and LMT

LMT headed to $400.

I know that was for me lol.  I still own a ton so I hope you are right.  

My FDX short is kicking butt.....

Just kidding.   Big Grin
(09-27-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

LMT headed to $400.

Just kidding.   Big Grin

No way in Hell are you shorting FDX here  Big Grin

NOC and LMT will do very well until the end of the year.  I know you still hold lots' but you sold too early JS  Big Grin

Buy tech today its getting hammered  Tongue
Added to TXN and AQN
Added JNJ
(09-27-2021, 09:11 AM)kblake Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

LMT headed to $400.

Just kidding.   Big Grin

No way in Hell are you shorting FDX here  Big Grin

NOC and LMT will do very well until the end of the year.  I know you still hold lots' but you sold too early JS  Big Grin

Buy tech today its getting hammered  Tongue

I honestly do own too much in the defense contractor sub-sector right now.  I learned long ago to separate my politics from my investing and it has served me well.  I am way up on defense overall even down here, but I am fighting the tape being overweight the sector now.  I am about even on LMT but I got some good dividends for years so certainly not my worst move ever.  IMO long-term investors should chug right along and buy dips in defense.  They will have their day again and the div is as safe as it gets. 

I like the transports well enough here.  They are cheaper than most sectors.    

I am definitely interested in some tech soon.  I have almost none at the moment.
Added 4 shares of APD to improve portfolio growth and dividend safety!
(09-27-2021, 11:22 AM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: Added 4 shares of APD to improve portfolio growth and dividend safety!
APD won't let you down long term.  It was overpriced for sure but gradually headed back down to a rational price.  Most aristocrats are in the same place now.  Not safe unless they correct before you buy the fear.  Most of the time you can just buy any of them and forget it. This isn't one of those times IMO.
added some AWK. I haven't seen a dip this much in a while. Anyone own the name?
(09-27-2021, 12:32 PM)MrFortune Wrote: added some AWK. I haven't seen a dip this much in a while. Anyone own the name?
Some of us own other versions of it.  Treasury yield run is driving most anything utility down lately.  And if rates don't run too high it won't even matter in a month as the narrative changes.
Got a BMY put assigned, sold out of oxy in 1 account on the pop today. Still have oxy, EOg and XLE in oil.
(09-27-2021, 12:32 PM)MrFortune Wrote: added some AWK. I haven't seen a dip this much in a while. Anyone own the name?

All of the water utilities are still very expensive, yet somehow they seem to be always a good buy for the very long-term. One of those stocks you just can't go wrong with if you are prepared to hold it for decades. I'm ok holding them at these prices but I personally need to see them dip quite a bit further before I'm interested in buying more.
(09-27-2021, 02:14 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

All of the water utilities are still very expensive, yet somehow they seem to be always a good buy for the very long-term. One of those stocks you just can't go wrong with if you are prepared to hold it for decades. I'm ok holding them at these prices but I personally need to see them dip quite a bit further before I'm interested in buying more.

I hear ya. I just started an initial position. I Didn't go in big yet lol

But rarely do you get this big of a dip, so figured why not buy some.