Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Congrats, I don't know all the tickers but free is good.
sold

rds.a

f
(09-22-2021, 05:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Congrats, I don't know all the tickers but free is good.

Oh let's see ...

MS is Morgan Stanley, part of my "own what you know" strategy.  In addition to hosting my company stock, they bought E*Trade, though the two systems have yet to be integrated.  Theoretically all of my company stock will be dumped into my E*Trade account sometime next year I'm told.

LYG is Lloyd's Bank.  Amazingly for such a venerable company, the stock price is currently 2.34/share.  They are a semi-annual payer like RIO, which I thought would be interesting to take a look at.  Longtime customer of my company.

LYB we've discussed on the forum; a chemical company.  Current yield of 4.95% and a  solid div grower.

OHI is that rare 8%er that grows their yield, though the last raise was in 2019.  From 2013 to 2018 they pretty much raised the dividend 1 cent every quarter.

The rest I believe you know.
Bought, BBY, FB, ATO, BMY and ABBV in my sons account
Bought some BMY, ATO, MED, AMGN and AEP
added XOM and OXY. Looks like they are ready to breakout to the upside.
added more AEP a well
Sold out of STOR and put it all into O

Yes XOM and OXY looking like they want to run from here Guru

Added a little more ADBE and FB. Just going small into tech as I barley have any lol. Buying the ones that are down from the highs lol
Sold another put in ABBV and the indexes (SPY and IWM).

Oil looks very strong. Sold covered calls against some of my oily shares but quite away out of the money so I won't miss all the run should it occur.
(09-23-2021, 12:40 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added a little more ADBE and FB. Just going small into tech as I barley have any lol. Buying the ones that are down from the highs lol

2022 may be the last year I have to contribute to my ROTH ira considering that legislation has been proposed to eliminate the backdoor ira conversion.  I'm thinking using the $6k conversion in February for Facebook is the way to go.
(09-23-2021, 01:24 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:40 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added a little more ADBE and FB. Just going small into tech as I barley have any lol. Buying the ones that are down from the highs lol

2022 may be the last year I have to contribute to my ROTH ira considering that legislation has been proposed to eliminate the backdoor ira conversion.  I'm thinking using the $6k conversion in February for Facebook is the way to go.
Long way to go before anything is settled.  Your income level isn't the primary target so there is hope most of our retirement tools will remain
(09-23-2021, 01:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 01:24 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Long way to go before anything is settled.  Your income level isn't the primary target so there is hope most of our retirement tools will remain

As an aside, I was in a department store yesterday and my friend inquired about a pocketbook - $300!  Very humbling to think there are enough of my fellow Mass residents who make purchases at that price that such a store can stay in business.