Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
I sold off the two Pimco funds PFL and PCI, which were monthly payers, and instead bought DGI stocks focused on the 1/4/7/10 and 2/5/8/11 months, including ABBV, LLY, and COF. Added small new positions in DFS, BX, and EYLD.

Edit: FYI, annual dividend dropped from $6600 to $6400 but all months remained above $500 to allow for the transfer to checking.
Sold a VICI put at strike 30. That dilution was a little rough but they have been making some incredibly good acquisitions. I'd like to think shares bought below 30 will look good after the market figures out their rents are Covid safe.

I am itching to add back some packaged food high Div stocks I sold last year but the charts say wait for some sign of a bottom. I've been bitten before getting aggressive with them a month too soon.
Trimmed NKE at $165, added ABBV, AMGN & CI (I think healthcare stocks are growing to be the biggest sector of my portfolio)
Same here on pharm and healthcare

I added to ABBV, JNJ, FDX, CI, AMGN and FDX

Don't even ask how many ABBV shares I own. Way too much Wink

I'm adding to the names that are down while others chase the high flyers lol
(09-09-2021, 11:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: Same here on pharm and healthcare

Look!  I quoted and only one post came with it! Smile

Yeah, if I remember correctly ABBV is your top holding.  I think you may have more value in that one holding than I have in my whole taxable account.  I bet your 2/5/8/11 month dividend payments are way above your other months (nothing wrong with that of course!)
(09-09-2021, 11:45 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Trimmed NKE at $165, added ABBV, AMGN & CI (I think healthcare stocks are growing to be the biggest sector of my portfolio)
Pharma has been a big part of my port since I started investing 35 years ago.  It hasn't been great the past few years but they bleed much less when the market gets hit hard and that day will come. For decades I just bought and held.  Lately they are under constant fire from lawsuits and politicians.  I keep core positions forever but the price swings are notable.  They over-react to news so I go a little overweight when the news sounds real bad and trim those share a bit when they bounce.  Worst case I can just hold the extra shares.  JNJ etc has been completely unamazing for years but safe.  Steal 5-10%+ on the swings twice a year and it looks much better.  I do the exact same thing with UTEs. You just have to make sure you are buying quality.
(09-09-2021, 12:00 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Yeah, if I remember correctly ABBV is your top holding.  I think you may have more value in that one holding than I have in my whole taxable account.  I bet your 2/5/8/11 month dividend payments are way above your other months (nothing wrong with that of course!)
If it's not we're too Po to even talk to him lol.  And yeah I am pretty thrilled I don't have to edit every single post.    I know everybody thought my internet license needed revoked but it was just automatic for months.
(09-09-2021, 12:00 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

ABBV is indeed my top holding by far lol   Big Grin  Hey when you like something you buy it. The only problem is I cant stop buying it when it dips in that $106-$108 range lol.

My top 10 are ABBV, MSFT, AMP, LHX, MDT, UNH, O, AON, JNJ and LIN - CTAS, DUK, APPL and PSA just outside it.

Not your everyday traditional top 10 holdings but ones that work for me year in and year out. I have owned some of these for 10+ years
not my largest holding but I'm fighting the urge to buy more ABBV while its here in the $107 range. Every time i try to save a little cash in the account i go and spend it.
Divmenow

When you have a minute give VSTO news a look please. I don't know anything about golf but I am pleased they are using windfall bullet profits to further diversify. $500M is still a big deal to VSTO so no ATT or MO bone headed acquisitions allowed lol.
added 3 shares each of LMT and CI
New positions in KR and COF

Added CI got filled at $29.50 on VICI