• 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to PRI in my ROTH.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-19-2021, 11:19 AM)vbin Wrote: Added baba and tencent

One of these days you will pick the bottom  Big Grin

I hope your only buying 1 share each time lol

Right now cash under my pillow seems like the right choice. I'm pretty much fully invested now, so really cant do much buying unless its 1-2 shares  Angry
Added some VLO here.
[/quote]

Those are some odd buys lol

PENN has way too much debt for my liking. This thing may see $40's. I guess your a gambler. Better to go play roulette then own this  Big Grin

VICI safe but lets hope Vegas remains strong and this Variant doesn't kill the industry.
[/quote]
Nothing even remotely close to a gambler.  In real life or outside 5% of my port unless I have a weak moment and cheat a little.  (Now my wife on the other hand lol).  I've been buying those shares a little at a time.  Draftkings has been very good to me but no position at the moment.  

I am getting killed on boring stuff like CMI and MGA.
[quote pid='28160' dateline='1629397270']

Right now cash under my pillow seems like the right choice. I'm pretty much fully invested now, so really cant do much buying unless its 1-2 shares  Angry
[/quote]
Oil and Chinese stocks are his daily scratch off Lotto tickets. We all have a weakness. Smile
(08-17-2021, 09:55 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 08:45 PM)divmenow Wrote: Hi NLY and AGNC are crap lol. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category

I don’t see why there is so much love with NLY. This has had a decent year but past performance says stay far far away lol. SDIV and NUSI I own as well. DX another good one!  

So there seems to be a consensus here that NLY is a trap. Surely, not at any price, right? If they went to 0.50, they'd be a bargain, no? So, how much would they have to fall to be attractive?

P.S. I get what many of you are saying about the long-term chart. Still, if you got in at $6.50 and have been collecting the dividend, you're probably not sorry about it.
[quote pid='28164' dateline='1629398806']
(08-17-2021, 09:55 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 08:45 PM)divmenow Wrote: Hi NLY and AGNC are crap lol. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category

I don’t see why there is so much love with NLY. This has had a decent year but past performance says stay far far away lol. SDIV and NUSI I own as well. DX another good one!  

So there seems to be a consensus here that NLY is a trap. Surely, not at any price, right? If they went to 0.50, they'd be a bargain, no? So, how much would they have to fall to be attractive?

P.S. I get what many of you are saying about the long-term chart. Still, if you got in at $6.50 and have been collecting the dividend, you're probably not sorry about it.
[/quote]
Yes there is a point when you can likely trade it, but you have to hang around too long to collect the dividend in a meaningful way.  If NLY hit's $6.50 the market is roughed up and quality is also on sale so I buy that instead and it often works for a year or two.  We aren't bashing the ultra high yielders just to be mean.  They pay the crazy above reality yield because it's the only way to attract investors.  It's cheese in a mouse trap. Most all of us have fallen for it to some degree.  It will never stop working because it looks like free money and they have a steady stream of new victims.        

Next time they crash buy whatever you want and get your experience like we did.  I wouldn't put my mother into it. And we all have different opinions. I think SDIV is crap and I will be amazed if they still own it 60 days from now if they do any research.
In addition to VLO, added some OMC.
Helpful, thank you.
(I was shocked at the late fall yesterday and haven't looked today. Might not look for a few days still.)
added

sofi
tdoc
(08-19-2021, 01:21 PM)MrFortune Wrote:

These are my biggest holdings right now. Fundamentals haven't changed.