Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-17-2021, 08:13 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold a few funds I had and put the proceeds between QYLD, NUSI and SDIV

Going to hide in these monthly dividend ETF's for a while lol

First stockguru, now you, talking about hiding in monthly payers.  Makes me think the apocalypse is coming!

SDIV chart looks similar to NLY and AGNC, I would not recommend it.
NLY and AGNC are crap lol. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category ?
Do I smell a yield trap in here?  Tongue
(08-17-2021, 08:31 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 08:24 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:27 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Quick question. I have 9 shares of SAM. I'm down over $3600 which sucks. Worst investment ever!! But it may be headed even lower and more losses. I'm a big fan of there beer and it's my go to beer which is why I bought lol. But at what point do I just say screw it and take the loss and move on and invest in other names?

I added some OHI, LOW, TGT and MO

Beer sales across almost all brands has been flat at best for quite a few years, except for Constellation Brands (Modelo-Corona)

I don't want to be in the beer business. If you must, find one with a great hard seltzer or whatever they call it, that's the growth market.

I guess you don't realize the Sam Adams own the Truly Selzer brand  Big Grin

They also own Twisted Tea and Angry Orchard.

As George Costanza said "I'm aware!"

Repeating, I don't want to be in the beer business.
If YOU must, then get one with a great hard seltzer. (Which would be Boston Beer (SAM) and I don't want to own it.)
(08-17-2021, 08:45 PM)divmenow Wrote: Hi NLY and AGNC are crap lol. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category

I don’t see why there is so much love with NLY. This has had a decent year but past performance says stay far far away lol. SDIV and NUSI I own as well. DX another good one!  

I think he’s bitter because everyone keeps telling him MRNA is the next GME ?

Anyway we all have our own opinion. That’s what makes a market lol 

I added a bit of AVGO and SMG today!
Is SDIV selling options to juice the yield? I'm curious to see how the other ones do on a routine market dip like 5-10%.
Added to baba, Tencent
First, the "dynamic duo" of AGNC and NLY, each down about 20% the past 5 years:

[Image: 20cc4a02-a856-44e2-a860-1666eebcfaa6.png]

Practically identical.

Now for SDIV, down 38.90% the past 5 years:

[Image: d5158027-0493-4f92-bffa-6909535d07ae.png]

To my untrained eye, SDIV looks like a bigger yield trap.
As for Moderna, no argument that the stock price is higher than the company's drug pipeline would indicate, but I'm holding on until at least full FDA approval. Should be there by the end of September. Also there is news about their HIV vaccine starting human trials. That's pretty exciting, though it's just phase 1.
Shots fired lol.............................

And LOW earnings are reasonable. This is why they don't have the same PE as HD. They were closing the gap on HD some the past few years, but not so much right now.
[quote pid='28111' dateline='1629253865']
(08-17-2021, 08:31 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 08:24 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:27 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Quick question. I have 9 shares of SAM. I'm down over $3600 which sucks. Worst investment ever!! But it may be headed even lower and more losses. I'm a big fan of there beer and it's my go to beer which is why I bought lol. But at what point do I just say screw it and take the loss and move on and invest in other names?

I added some OHI, LOW, TGT and MO

Beer sales across almost all brands has been flat at best for quite a few years, except for Constellation Brands (Modelo-Corona)

I don't want to be in the beer business. If you must, find one with a great hard seltzer or whatever they call it, that's the growth market.

I guess you don't realize the Sam Adams own the Truly Selzer brand  Big Grin

They also own Twisted Tea and Angry Orchard.

As George Costanza said "I'm aware!"

Repeating, I don't want to be in the beer business.
If YOU must, then get one with a great hard seltzer. (Which would be Boston Beer (SAM) and I don't want to own it.)
[/quote]
If you are confident in SAM earnings estimates they are growing very nicely the next few years.  If I had to own a beer company it would be SAM, but we don't have to.  Now you just have to wait for the bag holders to escape SAM on every bounce while sporting a 30 PE.  Too much can go wrong and it could be a long wait to be whole again.
(08-18-2021, 07:05 AM)Hi fenders53 Wrote: Shots fired lol.............................

And LOW earnings are reasonable.  This is why they don't have the same PE as HD.  They were closing the gap on HD some the past few years, but not so much right now.

Well lookey lookey.LOW up $8 ore-market. They blew away estimates. Can HD say that ?