Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(08-09-2021, 03:22 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Weird day.  Taxable down, ROTH up.

Taxable
The top gainer was ... OXLC.  Yes, that infamous yield trap is having a fabulous year.  It has grown into my highest non-ETF position in the taxable account, edging out AVGO.  
DFEN had the roughest day, but nothing terrible.

ROTH
MRNA up 17.10% ... yeah.
TTD lost some steam, down 3.24%.
We'll see if you can manage a stock gone full Momo way past sane fundamentals.  It's definitely not easy.
I did some research to find out what's up with Moderna today. I came across this medical paper: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/...1.full.pdf

The key part: "Overall, we find that in our study population
from Minnesota, both vaccines strongly reduce the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe
COVID-19, but individuals vaccinated with mRNA-1273 were about half as likely to experience
breakthrough infections as individuals vaccinated with BNT162b2. This relative risk reduction
conferred by mRNA-1273 was also observed in other states, including in Florida during a recent
COVID-19 outbreak."

In other words, the Moderna vaccine is working better than the Pfizer one.

Also, Moderna P/E is still "only" 57, which is high but not super high (almost the same as Amazon's). Tesla is 376...
The forward earnings will determine valuation eventually. It's possible the world may be vaccinating for another year or more. The market will look forward though and Moderna is a virus play until they develop a future earnings stream. For now the price has gone Momo so enjoy. The next variant could defeat all the current vaccines but let's hope not.
Down day and my stuff was all over the place!

Taxable
RETL up 6.91%
FAS up 2.91%
SOXL down 3.68%

ROTH
TTD up 7.64%
DRN down 3.05%
ISRG down 3.53%
MRNA down 5.72%

Tomorrow will be better I promise.
You made me go look. Slow day for the port but it was green. FCX and VSTO were my winners. Some of my dying industrials are finally recovering so that would be good if it lasts.

I'm watching MRNA for you. That ones not boring lol. Looks like they may have benefitted from a gamma squeeze. Us option guys wreck the market when we crowd the place. Smile
(08-10-2021, 04:49 PM)fenders53 Wrote: You made me go look.  Slow day for the port but it was green.  FCX and VSTO were my winners.  Some of my dying industrials are finally recovering so that would be good if it lasts.  

I'm watching MRNA for you.  That ones not boring lol.   Looks like they may have benefitted from a gamma squeeze.  Us option guys wreck the market when we crowd the place.  Smile

MRNA will be under $350 soon. We did warn you Wink lol 

MRNA is now priced in till 2038 but you need 4 billion vaccines a year for today’s current price Ridiculous valuation. But GL keep pounding the table Wink
(08-10-2021, 04:53 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 04:49 PM)fenders53 Wrote: You made me go look.  Slow day for the port but it was green.  FCX and VSTO were my winners.  Some of my dying industrials are finally recovering so that would be good if it lasts.  

I'm watching MRNA for you.  That ones not boring lol.   Looks like they may have benefitted from a gamma squeeze.  Us option guys wreck the market when we crowd the place.  Smile

[color=#26282a]MRNA is now priced in till 2038 but you need 4 billion vaccines a year for today’s current price Ridiculous valuation. But GL keep pounding the table Wink
MRNA might be back to $500 some day.  Today PFE broke it's ATH eclipsing 1999.  And people told me holding it for 140 years was a bad idea.  LMAO as I type this.  I need to get my wife's password so I can cash out PFE from her ROTH.  I seriously stopped tracking it 10 years ago at least.  I don't remember PFEs PE back then but I am gonna say 50?  

MRNA is gonna fall hard when the market gets tired of talking about COVID, which won't take too long.  As much I don't care for MRK, it's insanity that MRNA market cap is higher until they have more things to sell, and a promising pipeline.

My bad, Moderna is getting slammed after hours. MRK is now worth more.
(08-10-2021, 05:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

[color=#26282a]MRNA is now priced in till 2038 but you need 4 billion vaccines a year for today’s current price Ridiculous valuation. But GL keep pounding the table Wink
MRNA might be back to $500 some day.  Today PFE broke it's ATH eclipsing 1999.  And people told me holding it for 140 years was a bad idea.  LMAO as I type this.  I need to get my wife's password so I can cash out PFE from her ROTH.  I seriously stopped tracking it 10 years ago at least.  I don't remember PFEs PE back then but I am gonna say 50?  

MRNA is gonna fall hard when the market gets tired of talking about COVID, which won't take too long.  As much I don't care for MRK, it's insanity that MRNA market cap is higher until they have more things to sell, and a promising pipeline.

Hurry up sell PFE while you still can  Big Grin

MRNA lmao. This one is in stratosphere territory, I just watched CNBC and an analyst just trashed it and sees $200 soon Big Grin
(08-10-2021, 05:09 PM)stockguru Wrote:

MRNA lmao. This one is in stratosphere territory, I just watched CNBC and an analyst just trashed it and sees $200 soon Big Grin
200 is actually my target but it will take awhile.  I did look at their financials and they are making insane money.  That will probably last about a year before it fades fast.  The market will get scared way before then.  If they are wise with the money they really can move up in the Pharma/Biotech world, but normal PEs will be their reality.  Price to sales is what scares me off.  If you pay 20-1 PSR you have to do it BEFORE the growth happens.  MRNA is a better vaccine producer than MRK right now, but MRK is #1 in VAX and over time it's not all that lucrative.

An EXP JAN 22 strike 300 put is now $1800. $150 out of the money. Option players say this one will be a wild ride for a long time.
(08-10-2021, 05:30 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

MRNA is now priced in till 2038 but you need 4 billion vaccines a year for today’s current price Ridiculous valuation. But GL keep pounding the table Wink
[color]

MRNA is gonna fall hard when the market gets tired of talking about COVID, which won't take too long.  As much I don't care for MRK, it's insanity that MRNA market cap is higher until they have more things to sell, and a promising pipeline.[/color]
[color]

MRNA lmao. This one is in stratosphere territory, I just watched CNBC and an analyst just trashed it and sees $200 soon Big Grin[/color]
[color]
200 is actually my target but it will take awhile.  I did look at their financials and they are making insane money.  That will probably last about a year before it fades fast.  The market will get scared way before then.  If they are wise with the money they really can move up in the Pharma/Biotech world, but normal PEs will be their reality.  Price to sales is what scares me off.  If you pay 20-1 PSR you have to do it BEFORE the growth happens.  MRNA is a better vaccine producer than MRK right now, but MRK is #1 in VAX and over time it's not all that lucrative.[/color]
[color]

Totally agree. Lets hope ken-do-nim  doesn't get too scared off and run straight to the sell, sell, sell button  Big Grin

Did he buy yesterday at $490? Ohhhh my  Tongue
[/color]
(08-10-2021, 05:53 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 05:30 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 04:53 PM)divmenow Wrote: MRNA will be under $350 soon. We did warn you Wink lol 

200 is actually my target but it will take awhile.  I did look at their financials and they are making insane money.  That will probably last about a year before it fades fast.  The market will get scared way before then.  If they are wise with the money they really can move up in the Pharma/Biotech world, but normal PEs will be their reality.  Price to sales is what scares me off.  If you pay 20-1 PSR you have to do it BEFORE the growth happens.  MRNA is a better vaccine producer than MRK right now, but MRK is #1 in VAX and over time it's not all that lucrative.

Totally agree. Lets hope ken-do-nim  doesn't get too scared off and run straight to the sell, sell, sell button  Big Grin

Did he buy yesterday at $490? Ohhhh my  Tongue
No he is probably still green.  He can love the company all he wants long-term but we gotta convince him to stop chasing MOMO rips.  Entry valuation matters if you aren't day trading.  There is a very long list of stocks I wish I had bought 50% ago but you gotta pick your spots.  I don't think the market is going to stop being crazy soon.
SOOO ... yeah.

Taxable was flat. Good days from FAS, DFEN, SHW, and HD counteracted bad days by OXLC, RIO, others.

ROTH ... It wasn't just Moderna. Trade Desk was down over 5% too. Ouchy ouchy!!! DRN, the 3x real estate tripler, was the only bright spot.