Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonk Madness
(06-21-2021, 06:16 AM)NilesMike Wrote: GERN may be next up. Will buy a few 100 this AM..

Time is up on this one, moved on.
(07-13-2021, 04:59 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 05:01 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My ex-wife is starting to get concerned about her AMC shares.  I bet she's out tomorrow.
I don't see how AMC does anything but struggle going forward.  Looks like a dangerous hold.  GME has a new business model and cash so the Reddit craze bought them another chance.  Overvalued big time but GME won't be BK next year and that's where they were surely headed last fall.

Teased the ex-wife on Saturday.  "So, sold your AMC shares yet?"

Her: "Not talking about it."
Did you tell her "Pigs get slaughtered" Smile

Disclaimer... I am not a financial or life skills advisor. Do your own research before making your ex-wife angry. Smile

I really do hope AMC succeeds. I love taking the wife to a few movies every winter. It's a good old people date night lol. I just don't see how they stay above $20 once the earnings reports start rolling in.
AMC is junk. Sure they are having fun with it, but it's no more then a $10 stock.

The theaters will be dead for years and many will be out of business in less then 5 years.

There is no way I'm going to spend $150 with 5 kids on movies and popcorn lol. Give me Netflix any day of the week.

What we need is the outdoor experience with Drive in Theaters. And they are making a big comeback in my area. This is the future of movies and get togethers. You pay $100 and can have up to 6 people in the car and bring your own food and drinks lol.
(07-13-2021, 10:32 AM)kblake Wrote: AMC is junk. Sure they are having fun with it, but it's no more then a $10 stock.

The theaters will be dead for years and many will be out of business in less then 5 years.

There is no way I'm going to spend $150 with 5 kids on movies and popcorn lol. Give me Netflix any day of the week.

What we need is the outdoor experience with Drive in Theaters. And they are making a big comeback in my area. This is the future of movies and get togethers. You pay $100 and can have up to 6 people in the car and bring your own food and drinks lol.

It's my childhood but zero chance that retro FAD ever goes public. Just go watch a movie and enjoy it.  Irrelevant to AMC future trouble.
(07-13-2021, 11:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:32 AM)kblake Wrote: AMC is junk. Sure they are having fun with it, but it's no more then a $10 stock.

It's my childhood but zero chance that retro FAD ever goes public. Just go watch a movie and enjoy it.  Irrelevant to AMC future trouble.

You must live in the woods  Big Grin  . Hate to tell you, but drive in theaters are making a big comeback. You need to get more often and see the world. You would be amazed at some of the things making comebacks of the 70's-80's. 

In fact Florida Georgia Line and Kenny Chesney have there tours and they perform live in drive in Theaters. The cost is $100 for up to 6 adults in the car. OMG what a cool experience that was with my wife and kids. They just opened 2 new Drive in's within 10 miles of each other where I live.

And it is very relevant. No one wants to go to movie and stick to the floor a pay a fortune for a movie and snacks. Nor do they want to be stuck indoors. People want to be out and have fun. The movie theater business will never be the same. But bring back the fun of drive in's, tailgating and listening right from your phone or boombox is a cool experience. 

They are showing Greece and James Bond film festival this weekend lol

And no one ever said about going public  Undecided
(07-13-2021, 02:33 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 11:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

You must live in the woods  Big Grin  . Hate to tell you, but drive in theaters are making a big comeback. You need to get more often and see the world. You would be amazed at some of the things making comebacks of the 70's-80's. 

In fact Florida Georgia Line and Kenny Chesney have there tours and they perform live in drive in Theaters. The cost is $100 for up to 6 adults in the car. OMG what a cool experience that was with my wife and kids. They just opened 2 new Drive in's within 10 miles of each other where I live.

And it is very relevant. No one wants to go to movie and stick to the floor a pay a fortune for a movie and snacks. Nor do they want to be stuck indoors. People want to be out and have fun. The movie theater business will never be the same. But bring back the fun of drive in's, tailgating and listening right from your phone or boombox is a cool experience. 

They are showing Greece and James Bond film festival this weekend lol

And no one ever said about going public  Undecided
Good because drive ins are irrelevant to the theatre industry which is dying.  I wish it wasn't true and I do enjoy a drive in.  We have a few here and I do live on the edge of the woods.  Smile