Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-14-2021, 12:35 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Anyone who said Dividend Growth Forums can't have humor is wrong! Smile

Sold a teensy weensy bit of company stock today; mainly to pay off the ex-wife for taxes.

I really need to get moving on selling my grandfather's stamp book if I want any chance at all of being able to make any more moves in 2021.  I'll have some free time this weekend.

Selling some company stock on Friday turned out to be a good move; it's down 3% today.
T what a teaser. I bet Fenders was licking his chops once it got over $33 today lol. Back to norm now ?
Initiated a position with ABNB and DIS very recently and added more to them today. Sold off majority of T holdings as well.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-17-2021, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: T what a teaser. I bet Fenders was licking his chops once it got over $33 today lol. Back to norm now ?

I certainly had been building up my T position because of HBO MAX.  Now I'm not sure what to do.
(05-17-2021, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: T what a teaser. I bet Fenders was licking his chops once it got over $33 today lol. Back to norm now ?
My shares got called away 10 days ago.  I was like seriously something good happens now?  You bought a ton last month.  You dump them?  I will evaluate for now.
Just saw Discovery is down. "That moment when you realize the market noticed who is trying to buy you out". It's a pretty rare day when the target doesn't close up 10%+. Wonder if the offer leaves a chance for a better bid? T is just rearranging the cards. T shareholders still own the debt. Market not buying the press releases for now.
T headed to $25. With the dividend cut in half, there’s no reason to hold it now. What’s everyone going to buy now once they sell?? Hmmm lol

My question is who”s the suckers who fell for that pre market and bought at $33.50 ?
(05-17-2021, 05:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: T headed to $25. With the dividend cut in half, there’s no reason to hold it now. What’s everyone going to buy now once they sell?? Hmmm lol

My question is who”s the suckers who fell for that pre market and bought at $33.50 ?
Where did you read div is cut in half?  That doesn't seem likely.
(05-17-2021, 05:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 05:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: T headed to $25. With the dividend cut in half, there’s no reason to hold it now. What’s everyone going to buy now once they sell?? Hmmm lol

It’s all over the boards. News was released.. That’s why it’s down to $30 after hours lol
(05-17-2021, 06:08 PM)divmenow Wrote:

It’s all over the boards. News was released.. That’s why it’s down to $30 after hours lol

Yeah I read that as well they were cutting the dividend in half.  The news hit the wires. AT&T signaled that it will cut its dividend to reflect the company's smaller size once it spins off its media.

Cramer slammed it as well on his show. I wish I sold it when it hit $33 today. POS LOL  Big Grin
(05-17-2021, 06:12 PM)kblake Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 06:08 PM)divmenow Wrote:

Yeah I read that as well they were cutting the dividend in half.  The news hit the wires. AT&T signaled that it will cut its dividend to reflect the company's smaller size once it spins off its media.

Cramer slammed it as well on his show. I wish I sold it when it hit $33 today. POS LOL  Big Grin

Yup dead stock now. Time to abandon ship. I will be selling and buying something else. 

AT&T said it expects an annual dividend payout ratio of 40% to 43% from more than $20 billion of expected free cash flow. That implies a total payout of between $8 billion and $8.6 billion.  That would represent a steep drop from the $15 billion AT&T paid in dividends in 2020, when free cash flow – or the cash left over after operating costs and capital investments – came to more than $40 million. Morgan Stanley analyst Simon Flannery points out that it would mark "a nearly 50% reduction from current levels and would put the stock on a low 4% (yield)
Thanks I'm at work. I will read up on that one later. That will not go over well at all! Just oh wow. I caught a break being called out. Literally about a week ago.