Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(05-12-2021, 04:46 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 07:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sunrun RUN was Tuesday's winner, UTEs took the big "L".  My port is down a full percent this week.  Is there somewhere I can apply for government assistance to make me whole again?  Smile

Here's what you do.  Go to your HD store and steal all the lumber.  Hid it.  You go to prison for about 10 years.  With the way lumber prices are going, when you get out, you sell that lumber for $1 billion.

Follow me for more financial and lifestyle advice.
LOL, good thinkin' Chad.  Smile

Seriously though after a couple years at HD I could get an above average ROI no matter where I lived in the country.  200 sheets of plywood stacked correctly doesn't take up too much room.  If you time it right it's a 1-2X every hurricane season in the SE and gulf states for a 4 month hold.  Generators aren't a half bad idea either.  A 30% gain would be automatic where I live.  Summer is a given and sometimes winter too.  Maybe 40% after my MIL discount and I wouldn't even be price gouging.  Smile

Back in a few with my port beatdown stats lol.
And tonight's portfolio update. (There is some small chance somebody from Texas might understand the reference)

............."well the interest is up and the stock market's down, you only get mugged if you go downtown......"

Big country high five to whomever knows the next line lol. Smile

Big red day in the fenders port. Oil was up, Pfizer just a bit.

ARRY down 45%. That forum record will not be broken soon!!! I've never been crushed like that on anything unleveraged. The good news is I just started a long position pre-earnings. Only owned like $250 worth. Added a few shares during the carnage because I am bold (stupid) like that. The real bad news is I sold a put so I am on the hook for 100 shares at $25. I sold it WAAAY out of the money and it was a safe spec play, except it wasn't. I'll roll it forward as long as I can to ease the pain.

Total port down a bit under 1% today. I can live with that as I was prepared for this event. It could be much worse.
(05-12-2021, 05:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And tonight's portfolio update.  (There is some small chance somebody from Texas might understand the reference)

............."well the interest is up and the stock market's down, you only get mugged if you go downtown......"

Big red day in the fenders port.  Oil was up, Pfizer just a bit.  

ARRY down 45%. That forum record will not be broken soon!!!  I've never been crushed like that on anything unleveraged.  The good news is I just started a long position pre-earnings.  Only owned like $250 worth.  Added a few shares during the carnage because I am bold (stupid) like that. The real bad news is I sold a put so I am on the hook for 100 shares at $25.  I sold it WAAAY out of the money and it was a safe spec play, except it wasn't.  I'll roll it forward as long as I can to ease the pain.  

Total port down a bit under 1% today. I can live with that as I was prepared for this event.  It could be much worse.

While a Texan, and born and raised a small town Texan, I don't listen to country music.  Outside of some George, Garth, and some early to mid 90s county, I don't know much.  I think this is from A Country Boy can Survive, and if the title isn't the next line, I'm clueless to what it is.  Though I'm not positive that line is even in the song.  So I could be swinging and missing on the song.
So ... I looked at close today. Just at the overall balance numbers, I didn't drill in to see any stock prices. I don't think I will for a while. Suffice it to say, I'm $30k down from my all-time-high. Up until now I had been averaging an increase of about $1.9k per week for the last year, so if that resumes - and that's a big IF - I should be recovered in 16 weeks, which puts me into the September time frame.
At some point you will have a good month or so and get a lot of it back. Nothing significant to report from here. I am back to 2% off ATH.
(05-13-2021, 02:03 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 05:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And tonight's portfolio update.  (There is some small chance somebody from Texas might understand the reference)

ARRY down 45%. That forum record will not be broken soon!!!  I've never been crushed like that on anything unleveraged.  The good news is I just started a long position pre-earnings.  Only owned like $250 worth.  Added a few shares during the carnage because I am bold (stupid) like that. The real bad news is I sold a put so I am on the hook for 100 shares at $25.  I sold it WAAAY out of the money and it was a safe spec play, except it wasn't.  I'll roll it forward as long as I can to ease the pain.  

Total port down a bit under 1% today. I can live with that as I was prepared for this event.  It could be much worse.

While a Texan, and born and raised a small town Texan, I don't listen to country music.  Outside of some George, Garth, and some early to mid 90s county, I don't know much.  I think this is from A Country Boy can Survive, and if the title isn't the next line, I'm clueless to what it is.  Though I'm not positive that line is even in the song.  So I could be swinging and missing on the song.
Almost forgot to respond.  I am awarding you the win.  Yes it's from "A Country Boy Can Survive".  Next line is "I live back in the woods you see...."  About the only country song that speaks of financial markets and  fishing I think?  Smile  The country was coming out of the horrible 70's economy.  Song is almost 40yrs old.  Modern Bro country music is unrecognizable.  It was Hank JR, George Strait and Alan Jackson for me.  And of course Garth.  He was the  ballad guy and he did it well.  It headed off in an odd direction from there.  My family is from Houston and Fort Smith.  Deere and IH brought them to Iowa.
(05-14-2021, 09:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 02:03 PM)ChadR Wrote:

Almost forgot to respond.  I am awarding you the win.  Yes it's from "A Country Boy Can Survive".  Next line is "I live back in the woods you see...."  About the only country song that speaks of financial markets and  fishing I think?  Smile  The country was coming out of the horrible 70's economy.  Song is almost 40yrs old.  Modern Bro country music is unrecognizable.  It was Hank JR, George Strait and Alan Jackson for me.  And of course Garth.  He was the  ballad guy and he did it well.  It headed off in an odd direction from there.  My family is from Houston and Fort Smith.  Deere and IH brought them to Iowa.
Small world.  My wife's family is from Fort Smith.  All of them have left or died off except for 1 cousin I think.  TI brought my wife to the DFW area and out of Fort Smith.  Well it brought her dad who brought her.
Double post
Small world for sure. My GPA farmed with a mule near FT Smith. Managed a Hudson gas station in FT Smith for his actual living I suppose. They were poor in retrospect but that's not at all how I remember it. You visited for a week and left fat and happy Smile
So ... I don't know how to feel.

Bad news: I'm still staring up at my E*Trade all-time high with a telescope. Well, binoculars now.

Good news: I just had my single greatest day since I started the taxable account last year. Taxable up 3.77%, ROTH up 5.85%.

Today's overall winner: RETL, up 12.52%
Today's overall loser: BDRY, down 4.22%
Solar had a good day. Less than 1% off ATH. That's a win after the way this week started. I think we will have more of these until inflation trend is established.
A down day, but a mild one. It feels nice to see only minor movement in the portfolio for once.

Taxable
Winner: Seagate (STX), up 6.39%
Loser: AT&T (T), down 2.7%

ROTH
Winner: GUSH, up 7.85%
Loser: BDRY (again), down 4.44%. Apparently I bought at the very worst time! At least I didn't put that much in.