Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Yes it is. Capitalism in appearance but within strict boundaries.
T up 4 % lol. Bought vz.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)vbin Wrote: T up 4 % lol. Bought vz.

Yeah, if this holds T will be my daily winner - did hell just freeze over?  Even stranger, RIO, normally one of my strongest, is poised to be the day's loser.  Weird day.
(04-22-2021, 08:49 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)vbin Wrote: T up 4 % lol. Bought vz.

Yeah, if this holds T will be my daily winner - did hell just freeze over?  Even stranger, RIO, normally one of my strongest, is poised to be the day's loser.  Weird day.
T has it's runs but it's been awhile for sure.  A few meaningful positive narratives this time.  No reason it can't hold and creep higher.   

Needed to put some cash to work.  Sold puts in ALE-NIO and XOM for starters.
@fenders53 enph ran up on the emission cut news. I wanted to sell puts again for next week.

Sold pltr CC
(04-22-2021, 10:04 AM)vbin Wrote: @fenders53 enph ran up on the emission cut news. I wanted to sell puts again for next week.
Short term ENPH puts have been easy money for six months.  They spike my blood pressure every couple days as the day traders love the stock.  I am good owning it if it ends that way at the strikes I sell.  I'd close my APR30s now but they are 25pts in the good so I see no need to give up the extrinsic that will die fast even on a hard dip.   

ENPH is about to get some competition so I'm not going crazy on long shares without a better pullback.  They are still the leader in what they do and it isn't going away.
I added a little KMB today
Sold a close to the money put in CMI. They say invest in what you know and Cummins was very much a part of my career. Never dreamed they would transition towards clean and I am a bit late. Own very little industrials so just adjusting diversifying the port with something reasonably valued and growthy if I get exercised in a few weeks. Sold some more NIO puts. I'm pretty confident they have a solid future. Closed an ENPH put that expires next week. I don't expect earthshaking earnings and the shares seems a little too hot on Biden news. Cut my risk in half. I'm back on a dip.
Added HON

LMT almost at buy point to add
(04-23-2021, 11:58 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added HON

LMT almost at buy point to add
HON is one I missed bigtime.  Tracked for so long WAY lower and it ran 50% on no big news.  Defense solid hold forever but I need a deal to add now because who knows what narrative comes out next as they re-allocate funds?  I can say that as I own plenty of LMT and LHX.  

And WTH are you even doing buying stocks?  Nothing anything like your predicted crash happened  Smile
He is addicted. He just can't stop. Big Grin
(04-23-2021, 12:18 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: He is addicted. He just can't stop. Big Grin

This is so true  Big Grin But I always add on significant dips from my top 10 holdings. Even if you consider a $10 dip off the highs ?

And I still have my cash. Just not adding to any new positions unless they fall off the cliff. KMB on list but needs to go lower.