Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Finally parted ways with HIBL, thus completing the MARA-HIBL prophecy.

I guess I should look at buying some MO lol.
Alright, with the HIBL proceeds I went on a buying spree.

I started a position in MO - actually brought it right in line with all the others @ 50 shares. Good price today lol.
Did the same for AGNC
Bought more NEE
Bought more ORC to dollar-cost average it; hey they haven't dropped the dividend so it's now 14.91%. Will be watching it closely.
Bought more HTGC
Bought more ORCL
Bought more SHW

... and decided to get a couple more SOXL; it's gotta go up soon!!!

Edit: estimated quarterly dividends for my portfolio are now up to $1k yay!!!
(04-19-2021, 06:09 AM)NilesMike Wrote: VXX directly, yes.

This is looking like an excellent trade so far!
I also managed to grab some VXX options... indeed as Binary said, we can still trade the VXX options.

Think about that though. How amazing our regulatory systems are. We aren't allowed to touch US ETFs or similar. (official reasoning, I believe, is because they don't provide the prospectus in our native language.... but obviously the real reason is that everyone was pouring money into them instead of similar products managed by European banks because the US ones just had lower fees)

But we are allowed to trade options on those same underlying ETFs and similar. As if that would somehow be less risky than actually owning the underlying asset.
Bought some DUK June 21 $100 puts. To me its getting over valued now and will look to make a few on the downside.
(04-20-2021, 10:46 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some DUK June 21 $100 puts. To me its getting over valued now and will look to make a few on the downside.
I try not to ever short quality but UTEs have gone nuts too.  Crashed on 1.6% 10yr treasury rates and that's where we still are after the recent 15% run up for the good UTEs.
(04-20-2021, 11:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 10:46 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some DUK June 21 $100 puts. To me its getting over valued now and will look to make a few on the downside.
I try not to ever short quality but UTEs have gone nuts too.  Crashed on 1.6% 10yr treasury rates and that's where we still are after the recent 15% run up for the good UTEs.

WEC getting to be a good short as well. I own WEC long but will look to make some on the downside as well and add at $90 or under. 

I don't normally shorts UTES either but when they run up this much you almost have to lol  Big Grin
(04-20-2021, 11:31 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 11:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

WEC getting to be a good short as well. I own WEC long but will look to make some on the downside as well and add at $90 or under. 

I don't normally shorts UTES either but when they run up this much you almost have to lol  Big Grin
WEC is going to tear it up the next few years.  I'd pick an easier target.  Definitely stay away from shorting NEE even though it's the most over-valued.  It will run with big cap growth if that were to happen.  Mid-term interest rates are going to have to spike pretty hard to scare the UTEs.  Somehow that will happen before long.  I bought a ton of UTEs on the mini crash.  I am about to the place where I sell move covered calls.
(04-20-2021, 09:49 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Alright, with the HIBL proceeds I went on a buying spree.

I started a position in MO - actually brought it right in line with all the others @ 50 shares.  Good price today lol.
Did the same for AGNC
Bought more NEE
Bought more ORC to dollar-cost average it; hey they haven't dropped the dividend so it's now 14.91%.  Will be watching it closely.
Bought more HTGC
Bought more ORCL
Bought more SHW

... and decided to get a couple more SOXL; it's gotta go up soon!!!

Edit: estimated quarterly dividends for my portfolio are now up to $1k yay!!!
MO was a good income add.  Even with their unending drama safer than some of your income funds IMO.  Add on the dips and don't chase it much seems to work out. 

Sold a JNJ covered call and 20% of my shares.  I always add on their bad news and trim some if I get a quick run.  Sold an RTX put on todays dip.  Keeping a lot of dry powder for now.
Added NKE today
NAIL tripped its circuit breaker and is gone. Now I get to learn how to watch a triple leveraged fund and know when it is time to get it back into the fold. LABU, for instance, is still in "good riddance" territory. NAIL (nor LABU) won't return to the taxable portfolio though; it will only come back in the ROTH. I had bought it back in May of last year so the rise from $20/share to $80/share is all short term gains... yikes!

I took the NAIL proceeds and sprinkled it around to the other triples which were all on sale today (TECL, TQQQ, SPXL, RETL, etc.). I also bought more CSCO and CURE (the only triple which is still rising, because it is 10% JNJ).
Added to MO and CZNC.
(04-20-2021, 01:17 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: NAIL tripped its circuit breaker and is gone.  Now I get to learn how to watch a triple leveraged fund and know when it is time to get it back into the fold.  LABU, for instance, is still in "good riddance" territory.  NAIL (nor LABU) won't return to the taxable portfolio though; it will only come back in the ROTH.  I had bought it back in May of last year so the rise from $20/share to $80/share is all short term gains... yikes!  

I took the NAIL proceeds and sprinkled it around to the other triples which were all on sale today (TECL, TQQQ, SPXL, RETL, etc.).  I also bought more CSCO and CURE (the only triple which is still rising, because it is 10% JNJ).

You ever hear that saying. Buy low and sell high  Big Grin

Your buying high and expecting higher  Tongue

Question. Just curious why you buy everything in the same sector or sector like? These type of etf's are all up too much, and the market will soon price them right. As of now was over valued. One big correction and these will get whopped 

I thought you learned your lesson on MARA  Big Grin

And no I'm no attacking you lol. All these investors expect a triple from here when they already tripled lol. No one is happy with 5% anymore. Everyone expects 100-200 percent lol

My buying is to buy stocks when there out of favor and leave the high flyers alone. These high flyers are going to get hit hard in the coming months.

I'm already short on 8 names and that list is growing....