Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-10-2021, 02:28 PM)divmenow Wrote: bought RBLX right at the open lol

Also added to PKI. Love discounts
I bought tiny RBLX position, PKI expected have a drop in earnings. Stock price might follow.
(03-10-2021, 02:38 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 02:28 PM)divmenow Wrote: bought RBLX right at the open lol

Also added to PKI. Love discounts
I bought tiny RBLX position, PKI expected have a drop in earnings. Stock price might
PKI is growing earnings at 28% and sales growth is 68%. With next years projected growth, market cap is a little over two Xs annual sales. Stock is way undervalued could trade at 250 and not be overvalued!

And most companies are expected to slow on earnings which Is why many don’t even give guidance going forward. PKI is a solid company and I’m happy to get in at these levels. 

Also just bought AWK 
Nothing much to chase today. I added a couple shares of TSM and sold a few covered calls. Probably add some renewables stocks soon if the market gets roughed up a little more. Even after a severe beat down none of them are undervalued yet, and probably won't be. Some of that infrastructure package will likely have some green perks but I bet they brawl about the bill until summer.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3671657-ar...-of-roblox

I love the smell of pump n dump in the morning.
(03-11-2021, 09:07 AM)Otter Wrote: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3671657-ar...-of-roblox

Smart lady  Big Grin . I just bought it so I don’t mind the pump lol
(03-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 09:07 AM)Otter Wrote: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3671657-ar...-of-roblox

Smart lady  Big Grin . I just bought it so I don’t mind the pump lol

Yes, and I am right there with you today.

RBLX is more of a fun trade for me than an investment, like my dabble in GME a month ago. It's popular with kids now, but that sort of popularity is fickle. This is really a consumer discretionary company, and not a tech company. I view it very differently from ABNB and PLTR. If I suddenly had a Rip Van Winkle episode that lasted a decade, I'd feel pretty comfortable about where those two companies would be when I woke up.

She is getting terrible about that.  I own some ARKG and ARKF so it's OK lol.  I actually think she has a few more years to run, but they are going to be talking about her for 20 years when she finally melts a fund to the ground.
Took the quick 10% gain on RBLX and turned it into shares in DKNG. Musical chairs, LOL.
Made my first pooled dividends purchase this morning, adding one share of HD at $268.50.

That brings it up to a full position in the portfolio.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
added some BABA
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-11-2021, 09:48 AM)EricL Wrote: Made my first pooled dividends purchase this morning, adding one share of HD at $268.50.

I'm curious what full position means for you.  I've been thinking about these definitions for myself:

Starter position: ~ $250 (obviously some stocks don't even qualify if 1 share is higher than that)
Junior position: $2,000
Full position: $5,000
Major position: $10,000
(03-11-2021, 10:19 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-11-2021, 09:48 AM)EricL Wrote: Made my first pooled dividends purchase this morning, adding one share of HD at $268.50.

I'm curious what full position means for you.  I've been thinking about these definitions for myself:

Starter position: ~ $250 (obviously some stocks don't even qualify if 1 share is higher than that)
Junior position: $2,000
Full position: $5,000
Major position: $10,000

My portfolio is worth ~$100,000 and I have 50 positions in the portfolio, which means that a "full" or "equal-weight" position is worth $2,000.

This buy brought my HD position up to $1958, which is close enough to me to consider it full now.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha