Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-23-2021, 01:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 12:45 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Every time I try to build a cash position, days like this happen Smile

Added NKE, TROW, TSM, AAPL, AVGO and dabbled in names like JMIA, SBE, BNGO & PACB. All small portions.
This is what cash is for.  Smile  I like your thinking.  Bought most of your headliners today and just caught a little more AAPL, and finally held my nose and added to AVGO.    Be careful with that JMAI.  I traded it 50% ago and I was scared then.  Not sure if that "African Amazon" story is legit or not lol.  It's well hyped for now though.  What could go wrong?

Exactly! I also blame my bad habit of following this forum. I learned so many names & investment ideas from here.
Was unavailable today at work meetings so didn't even participate in the buying today. Hate when days like this happen and cant do anything.

The only moves I made by pure luck was my limit buy on NVDA at $540 and PINS at $72. I never thought they would be filled when I put in a week ago lol.

My normal 2 and 5 shares Wink

At this point I'm not chasing TECH but have been using limit, GTC orders on some names I want to own for the future. Looks like I just missed out on a few others.
Love some of these dips today,

Added HD, SQ and NEE
(02-24-2021, 10:01 AM)divmenow Wrote: Love some of these dips today,

Added HD, SQ and NEE
HD doesn't look bad today. I played their last couple dips and thinking about it again.  Sales COMPS are going to be really tough this year but they'll have a good spring quarter.
(02-24-2021, 10:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Added HD, SQ and NEE
HD doesn't look bad today. I played their last couple dips and thinking about it again.  Sales COMPS are going to be really tough this year but they'll have a good spring quarter.
Everyone I know buying homes and doing home improvements, + texas storms. HD should do well. I am not buying yet though, lol
Took a new position in SPT. Small cap that I’m
sure none of you know anything about lol. This will be much higher in a few years. I have AMZN like return goals here ?

Anyway do you research and you will see why I like this name ?

Added AEP today as well
(02-24-2021, 11:03 AM)vbin Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Added HD, SQ and NEE
Everyone I know buying homes and doing home improvements, + texas storms. HD should do well. I am not buying yet though, lol
It's going to be interesting.  Obviously I see the lumber price swings since I work there PT and own Weyerhauser stock.  Framing lumber is probably headed back to record highs shortly.  It adds $15,000 to $25,000 to the price of a new home.  That matters or not depending on where you live.  HD and LOW same store sales growth has been about 5% since forever.  20% four quarters in a row is amazing.  Never would have dreamed Covid and a few stimulus checks would cause that.  Sales growth is very likely to be negative for 2022 or 2023 unless the economy is really rocking.  I won't have a huge long position if I smell that coming.   

Added a little DG.  I shouldn't, but I will nibble some UTEs as well.  

Also, I was curious and looking at Vanguard long bond mutual funds.  Down 5-10% YTD and you are getting well under 2% yield for your risk.  Interest rates are going to creep up some more and make it worse so there will be more money coming over to dividend stocks soon, and CDs I suppose.
I'm taking advantage of some selloffs in various industries.

Added NKE, BEPC, DUK and WEC
(02-24-2021, 01:27 PM)divmenow Wrote: I'm taking advantage of some selloffs in various industries.

Our ports are getting more similar each day.  Scary huh?   Big Grin

I can't have you out shopping me today.  Guess I better get on it lol.  The ENPH I bought yesterday is up $28.  I am starting to like this Momo stuff.
(02-24-2021, 01:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:27 PM)divmenow Wrote: I'm taking advantage of some selloffs in various industries.

Our ports are getting more similar each day.  Scary huh?   Big Grin

I can't have you out shopping me today.  Guess I better get on it lol.  The ENPH I bought yesterday is up $28.  I am starting to like this Momo stuff.

I can't add to ENPH unless it gets down under $100 area. Or my average price will go up lol 

Average $48.70

You want Momo buy 1-2 shares of PYPL here lol 

I hate it when we think a like  Big Grin
I don't understand Paypal. I thought they would drop like a rock after eBay stopped using them, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
(02-24-2021, 02:02 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I don't understand Paypal.  I thought they would drop like a rock after eBay stopped using them, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
They are not so Ebay dependent now.  Ebay has been substantially replaced by more local marketplaces like you would find on sites like Facebook.  IMO Ebays loan shark commissions will make them less relevant by the day.  Too many other places to sell for free or nearly so.  I used to sell a lot of stuff there, but little interest now.