Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-26-2021, 10:19 AM)Otter Wrote: Added some 01/21/2022 XLE $45.21 calls at the end of the day yesterday for $3.74/contract. An overall energy sector gain of ~10% in a year (Breakevens at expiry are $48.94), when the underlying commodity has risen less than other inflation-sensitive commodities to date seems like a fair bet.

Sold these today for $7.30/contract. Didn't expect the energy sector to run up that fast. Close to 100% gain in the LEAPs over three weeks.
CCL and RCL ate on fire today. That was a nice call last week lol

Added to BP and AAPL
(02-22-2021, 10:26 AM)Otter Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 10:19 AM)Otter Wrote: Added some 01/21/2022 XLE $45.21 calls at the end of the day yesterday for $3.74/contract. An overall energy sector gain of ~10% in a year (Breakevens at expiry are $48.94), when the underlying commodity has risen less than other inflation-sensitive commodities to date seems like a fair bet.

Sold these today for $7.30/contract. Didn't expect the energy sector to run up that fast. Close to 100% gain in the LEAPs over three weeks.
I sold some leaps but still have my $45 strike calls on xle. Xle going $50
Sold PFE, PCG, BP puts expiring in 3 weeks right below the current price. Started small positions n in NEE.

LMT, NOC running up, I wanted to triple my position a few bucks lower. Seems like Cathie Woods will.be adding these in space etf
Busy but non-committal day. Added a share or two to the growthy port. AAPL-NKE-ARKG-TSM

Started a new position in ARKF, sold another call in BMY at strike 58. Added about 35 more shares of PEP. It looks good long term as I had a lucky hunch and completely sold out at 148. One of the few tickers I feel comfortable with a larger purchase right now.

Started a new position in ENPH to end the day. Still not cheap but I have been waiting for a hard dip and 50 points off the high seems like a dip. Smile These solar stocks are going to be volatile.
I crashed and burned today. Did pick up another couple of SOXL thinking it was on sale, only to watch it fall further.
Added to CMCSA.
See how influential we are? We start chatting about BTC and boom it gets all volatile. We'll have to be more careful. Smile
Inflation is on the way Get your portfolios in order going forward. Add that Gold, consumer staples and value names. Oil on that list as well. BP looking real good!

I will be hedging in some gold today.

Tech selloff is here. Called it last week lol. I’m keeping my powder dry to add sone once the selling is over. Only to the names I already own. Add those 2 shares here and there lol
(02-23-2021, 07:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: Inflation is on the way Get your portfolios in order going forward. Add that Gold, consumer staples and value names. Oil on that list as well.  BP looking real good!

Tech selloff is here. Called it last week lol. I’m keeping my powder dry to add sone once the selling is over. Only to the names I already own.  Add those 2 shares here and there lol
I don't know what he is charging for his newsletter but mine is only a dollar more.  You get what you pay for.   Big Grin

Actually I agreed with you and only have starter positions in most of my tech.  I'll be nibbling them all the way down to zero now.  I already have too much value.  Should have bought oil when when we were bashing it 30% ago maybe? Might add a little gold but I caught it a bit lower.  NEM looks good as the largest miner and they raised the dividend up around 3.7% I believe. It's solid even with a substantial gold price dip that isn't happening anyway. Not holding a commodity that pays nothing for years if I guess wrong though. Not that a Div saves you but it's better than a poke in the eye.

I have about 15 limit orders in. Hopefully a few will drop. If all of them drop we are in for a real bad tech day. Smile
(02-23-2021, 08:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: Inflation is on the way Get your portfolios in order going forward. Add that Gold, consumer staples and value names. Oil on that list as well.  BP looking real good!

Tech selloff is here. Called it last week lol. I’m keeping my powder dry to add sone once the selling is over. Only to the names I already own.  Add those 2 shares here and there lol
I don't know what he is charging for his newsletter but mine is only a dollar more.  You get what you pay for.   Big Grin

Actually I agreed with you and only have starter positions in most of my tech.  I'll be nibbling them all the way down to zero now.  I already have too much value.  Should have bought oil when when we were bashing it 30% ago maybe? Might add a little gold but I caught it a bit lower.  NEM looks good as the largest miner and they raised the dividend up around 3.7% I believe.  It's solid even with a substantial gold price that isn't happening anyway.  Not holding a commodity that pays nothing for years if I guess wrong though.  Not that a Div saves you but it's better than a poke in the eye.

I have about 15 limit orders in.  Hopefully a few will drop.  If all of them drop we are in for a real bad tech day.  Smile
LOL Well I will say I would definitely pay a $1 for his newsletter. At least his makes money  Big Grin

But I actually like Gold here as well. It has come down far enough where you can profit from it as these levels. And always good to hedge. Maybe its Golds turn now to lead and bitcoin to fall lol

It's amazing how far oil has run. But then again it doesn't surprise me. When everyone bashed it that's normally the time to buy. XOM is only like a $1 from its 52 week high  Big Grin

I also like PG and PEP

And I'm taking a beating from tech. But its a good thing I only own 5-10 shares of the high flyers. So will wait to average down my cost basis
Bought more PLTR today under $25