Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Pepsi raised 5%

49th consecutive year, though unfortunately I'm not really liking the current cash flow situation
$10 billion cash from operations
$4.2 billion CAPEX
$5.8 billion dividend
= not that great
(02-11-2021, 10:23 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Pepsi raised 5%

49th consecutive year, though unfortunately I'm not really liking the current cash flow situation
$4.2 billion CAPEX
$5.8 billion dividend
= not that great
They are just trying to be an investor friendly Aristocrat.  Read that 49yrs straight part again.  Without even looking I know they are still getting killed on bulk soda sales due to large venue and restaurant/pub slowdown due to pandemic.  They could have said here's your penny so I'll keep the faith.  (Says the guy that dumped his shares at $148 because I didn't need my crystal ball to see this coming).  Getting back in now.  Yes the payout ratio is getting sketchy but you are buying Reddit and weed stocks so spare us the financials lecture.  Kidding lol.
(02-11-2021, 10:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

$4.2 billion CAPEX
$5.8 billion dividend
= not that great
They are just trying to be an investor friendly Aristocrat.  Read that 49yrs straight part again.  Without even looking I know they are still getting killed on bulk soda sales due to large venue and restaurant/pub slowdown due to pandemic.  They could have said here's your penny so I'll keep the faith.  (Says the guy that dumped his shares at $148 because I didn't need my crystal ball to see this coming).  Getting back in now.  Yes the payout ratio is getting sketchy but you are buying Reddit and weed stocks so spare us the financials lecture.  Kidding lol.

Actually Pepsi did surprisingly well with the soda sales. I think full year revenue was even up (profit was down though) vs 2019 on the north american beverage side. I don't follow KO closely but I'm pretty sure they've been absolutely hammered, Pepsi has actually done quite well considering the circumstances.

Apparently they are going through somewhat of a higher CAPEX cycle now and that is expected to last  "a few more years" so if that calms down then there might be some extra cash to spare. Hopefully. I want another 49 years of dividend raises too! I need some way to pay for my reddit subscription!
(02-11-2021, 01:56 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 10:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

$4.2 billion CAPEX
$5.8 billion dividend
= not that great

Actually Pepsi did surprisingly well with the soda sales. I think full year revenue was even up (profit was down though) vs 2019 on the north american beverage side. I don't follow KO closely but I'm pretty sure they've been absolutely hammered, Pepsi has actually done quite well considering the circumstances.

Apparently they are going through somewhat of a higher CAPEX cycle now and that is expected to last  "a few more years" so if that calms down then there might be some extra cash to spare. Hopefully. I want another 49 years of dividend raises too! I need some way to pay for my reddit subscription!
Yeah KO is the one that will have to make a move some year soon.  They likely have about the best distribution  system on the planet so they will leverage that somehow and outlive us with dividends. My jokes aside, investors blindly buy KO and PEP like their dividends couldn't possibly ever be threatened.  The financials say something has to change in a few years or the Div growth is going to be very flat and "ATT like".
NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) declares $0.385/share quarterly dividend, 10% increase from prior dividend of $0.350 (split adjusted).
Forward yield 1.83%
Payable March 15; for shareholders of record Feb. 26; ex-div Feb. 25.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-12-2021, 09:32 AM)EricL Wrote: NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) declares $0.385/share quarterly dividend, 10% increase from prior dividend of $0.350 (split adjusted).
Forward yield 1.83%
Payable March 15; for shareholders of record Feb. 26; ex-div Feb. 25.
Outstanding raise given a tougher environment for 2020+.
Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) declares $0.69/share quarterly dividend, 11.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.62.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3662577-an...s-dividend
Xcel Energy (NASDAQ:XEL) declares $0.4575/share quarterly dividend, 6.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.4300.
Forward yield 3.0%
Payable April 20; for shareholders of record March 15; ex-div March 12.
Another huge increase from Sherwin Williams, not to mention another big addition to its share repurchase program.

Sherwin Williams (NYSE:SHW) declares $1.65/share quarterly dividend, 23.1% increase from prior dividend of $1.34.
Forward yield 0.93%
Payable March 12; for shareholders of record March 1; ex-div Feb. 26.
The board authorized the company to purchase 15M shares, in addition to the shares remaining under the existing buyback program announced in October 2015.
I never looked at Sherwin Williams before. Wow! I didn't realize a paint company could be up in the $721 stock price nosebleed section. And up on a down day too.
(02-17-2021, 04:12 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I never looked at Sherwin Williams before.  Wow!  I didn't realize a paint company could be up in the $721 stock price nosebleed section.  And up on a down day too.
They just skipped the stock splits.  Paint is expensive and they aren't just selling house paint.

And that XEL dividend hike was better than I expected.
Walmart (NYSE: WMT) declares $0.55/share quarterly dividend, 1.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.54.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3663388-wa...idend-by-2