Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-19-2021, 11:19 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 11:51 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to FRT, NNN, O, and PLTR this morning.

Sold a covered call ($20 strike) on my STWD holding.
6 months lock in expiration coming in Feb on PLTR. Curious why you bought now?

Sold a few puts on PLTR. Added O.

Am building out a full position and had cash available. I think it is an excellent company in the data analytics space (especially unstructured data, which is hard), and their long term contracts with governmental entities create sticky revenue streams. Intend to hold for at least a decade. It is volatile. My first purchase was at ~$10/share. Lots of ups/downs since then.
Also, I wish I had bought more ABNB when it was briefly in the $120s. I keep selling puts (expiries 2 wks out) on it with strike prices about 20% below where it is when I sell the put. When I first did it, could make solid income selling a $120 strike. Last batch I sold was $130 to make the same income. When those expire at the end of next week, suspect I'll have to sell a $140 put for the same effect.
In my trading account I trimmed 25% of my DG position and used the proceeds to start a new position in NNDM.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-20-2021, 09:50 AM)EricL Wrote: In my trading account I trimmed 25% of my DG position and used the proceeds to start a new position in NNDM.

DG is one of those stocks that I really want to own, and never can find what I consider to be a good entry price, as it always seemed overvalued . . . then it keeps going up. 

I guess I have made PLTR my own personal overvalued stock purchase.  Big Grin
(01-20-2021, 09:59 AM)Otter Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 09:50 AM)EricL Wrote: In my trading account I trimmed 25% of my DG position and used the proceeds to start a new position in NNDM.

DG is one of those stocks that I really want to own, and never can find what I consider to be a good entry price, as it always seemed overvalued . . . then it keeps going up. 

I watched DG for a couple years waiting to buy because it was always expensive. Finally bought in August of 2016 and it's gone up 150% since then.

I think the estimates for 2021 are way too low considering the stimulus that just passed and the expected $1400 round to come yet again.

They are building new stores like crazy in every small town in rural America, where there is little competition and population that shops at these types of stores. I think the long-term growth story remains compelling.
(01-20-2021, 10:03 AM)EricL Wrote:

I watched DG for a couple years waiting to buy because it was always expensive. Finally bought in August of 2016 and it's gone up 150% since then.

I think the estimates for 2021 are way too low considering the stimulus that just passed and the expected $1400 round to come yet again.

They are building new stores like crazy in every small town in rural America, where there is little competition and population that shops at these types of stores. I think the long-term growth story remains compelling.
I strongly agree.  Currently one of the best risk rewards for a large retailer IMO.  I like the expansion model that I see locally.  Some new buildings, but they aren't afraid to open a store in an old building in the lower income part of town.  

I have been keeping 1-2 puts sold at all time and a little nervous it will run away from me.  That would take it straight to a core position if exercised.  I think I will add a couple shares in the growthy port today.

DG is not expensive at all trading at 20 x next years earnings.  They keep expanding and growing. Selling DG will be a mistake. I actually just added more under $204. This stock will be $300 and you will wish you held. You sell a great stock for a company like NNDM who just did there 2nd offering  Big Grin
(01-20-2021, 11:29 AM)kblake Wrote:

DG is not expensive at all trading at 20 x next years earnings.  They keep expanding and growing. Selling DG will be a mistake. I actually just added more under $204. This stock will be $300 and you will wish you held. You sell a great stock for a company like NNDM who just did there 2nd offering  Big Grin

I have DG in my DGI portfolio, and kept 75% of my shares in this one as well.

Still believe in it long-term, just needed to raise capital somewhere. Time will tell if it was a foolish move...
(01-20-2021, 11:45 AM)EricL Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 11:29 AM)kblake Wrote:

I have DG in my DGI portfolio, and kept 75% of my shares in this one as well.

Still believe in it long-term, just needed to raise capital somewhere. Time will tell if it was a foolish move...
I never make any money looking in the rearview mirror too long.  Stocks in growth companies go up over time.  It's what they do.  If I had trimmed 25% of every stock I ever owned that went up 150% I'd be more than OK.  

Just added a little DG in my new port.  Both my puts are at the money so we'll see.  I'd get even more excited under $200 but I'd rather miss 200 than 300.  I think it will be there in a few years, or maybe March in this silly market. Smile
Trimmed AFL, CBRL AND DFS

Bought 200 DIS. My kids and I love Disney + and they are really growing there subscriber growth. Just imagine when the parks are crowded again. To me this is a $300 stock in the future. Wish I added a lot sooner lol

The company now expects to have 230 million-260 million Disney+ subscribers by 2024, up from its prior estimate of 60 million-90 million for the same time frame, with global subscriptions across all services reaching 300 million-350 million. Netflix (NFLX), by comparison, has 195.15 million subscribers.

Those that asked for an undiscovered stock. Check out UAVS. Drone company who may sign agreement with Amazon to deliver packages. Its really run up but at this rate may be $50 in a week lol. I know Eric likes those high flyers lol
(01-20-2021, 02:49 PM)divmenow Wrote: Trimmed AFL, CBRL AND DFS

Bought 200 DIS. My kids and I love Disney + and they are really growing there subscriber growth. Just imagine when the parks are crowded again. To me this is a $300 stock in the future. Wish I added a lot sooner lol

The company now expects to have 230 million-260 million Disney+ subscribers by 2024, up from its prior estimate of 60 million-90 million for the same time frame, with global subscriptions across all services reaching 300 million-350 million. Netflix (NFLX), by comparison, has 195.15 million subscribers.

Those that asked for an undiscovered stock. Check out UAVS. Drone company who may sign agreement with Amazon to deliver packages. Its really run up but at this rate may be $50 in a week lol. I know Eric likes those high flyers lol

CBRL and DFS have had big runs. I did well but sold those too soon.

Your probably right on DIS. Hopefully it will reach that target. All those content and streaming stocks will do well. I'm hoping CMCSA will thrive as well. T well probably not lol

I did little buying today. Did buy some USB and STT
This is how nutty the market is lol

Shares of Obalon Therapeutics Inc (OBLN). blasted six-fold higher on massive volume in afternoon trading Wednesday, after the weight loss technologies company announced an agreement to merge with weight loss solutions company ReShape Lifesciences Inc. . Obalon's stock rose 503.4% toward the highest close since JUne 2019

The stock is up 500% lmao