Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-18-2020, 01:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 08:43 AM)Otter Wrote: Been busy with moving and getting settled into our new place, but added some BTI, ORI, and T this morning.

You've been missed.  I had a bad fall while fly fishing and screwed up my knee pretty bad.  I'll be stuck on the couch pestering all of you regularly for awhile.    I'll have to be careful or I'll run out of cash next week.  Big Grin

Had to roll a few puts forward this week.  Or at least I chose not to get exercised today.  RDS-B and EXC are looking weak.

I took a tumble into the river on Saturday too! Slid down the wet clay bank on right hip and stopped when I into the water up to my knees. Luckily just muddy and I saved my ball cap!

Get well.
Had a resting order at 275 for NEE that got filled this AM.

Bought back some T and KO calls.
Added to T and PRU.
Sold some T - NOV 20 $27 puts today. They are getting very active which tells me this stock is headed lower. I will try and pick some up myself lower.
(09-23-2020, 10:57 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold some T -  NOV 20 $27 puts today. They are getting very active which tells me this stock is headed lower. I will try and pick some up myself lower.

I have also been parking some capital in high yield large cap dog puts. They should be close enough to a bottom.  Should be able to shift the funds to the high quality over-valued stocks if they pull back for real soon.  In this area I have puts in T-MO-WBA-KFC.  There will be interest in undervalued Div stocks soon enough.  All of my no risk bond options are headed for sub .5% yields.  That will be noticed by the masses soon.  Rates literally drop by the week.
Initiated NHI and HRB
Added to CSCO
Added small amounts of T and JNJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got TEVA, RTX, CSCO, XLE puts assigned. Dint want to roll them. feel comfortable taking positions in each of them.

Have CAH, AAPL, NXE, MO, and few other puts open.
I rolled a few puts I was slightly upside down in RTX and T. Also RDS-b but I am underwater a solid 15% on those. I have been fighting the temptation to dabble in more oil as it's under 1% of my port. My big moves this week were the same as last, trying the pick the near-term bottom in QQQ and MSFT and selling puts that are 4-8 days from expire. So far so good and I breathe a sigh of relief every Friday when I have cash again. All the covered calls I sold the past few months are expiring worthless. I'll have to resist selling any new ones on stocks I now think are fair to underpriced.

Told myself I was going to buy some new big tech shares with all this weekly income. I am about ready to pull the trigger and at least start some positions in GOOGL and MSFT. Pulling back to AUG prices doesn't encourage me to get too aggressive yet. I am working under the assumption there will be a largish stimulus passed within weeks. After the election is too late. They will be busy litigating the election in some states by then. I don't think I will regret restoring some of my cash before election night. That is the plan for now.
(09-26-2020, 10:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I rolled a few puts I was slightly upside down in RTX and T. Also RDS-b but I am underwater a solid 15% on those. I have been fighting the temptation to dabble in more oil as it's under 1% of my port. My big moves this week were the same as last, trying the pick the near-term bottom in QQQ and MSFT and selling puts that are 4-8 days from expire. So far so good and I breathe a sigh of relief every Friday when I have cash again. All the covered calls I sold the past few months are expiring worthless. I'll have to resist selling any new ones on stocks I now think are fair to underpriced.

Told myself I was going to buy some new big tech shares with all this weekly income. I am about ready to pull the trigger and at least start some positions in GOOGL and MSFT. Pulling back to AUG prices doesn't encourage me to get too aggressive yet. I am working under the assumption there will be a largish stimulus passed within weeks. After the election is too late. They will be busy litigating the election in some states by then. I don't think I will regret restoring some of my cash before election night. That is the plan for now.
GOOG is a wonderful stock. This is going to be a 5 trillion company. Lot of dependancy on it even from other tech giants. Almost non-replaceble.
Bought some XOM, FANG and RDS.B. Call it a hunch lol. I have been out of oil for a long time until today.

I like the fact that Shell purchased Greenlots 2 years ago. I’m hoping EV charging stations will be a money maker in the long run.