Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to MKC and bought 5 shares of AMZN. Will add more if it hits $2800
(09-17-2020, 12:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added to MKC and bought 5 shares of AMZN. Will add more if it hits $2800
I have a severe case of deer in the headlights on AMZN lol.  I did a lot of swing trades for a few hundred points the past few years, but was almost completely out for the 1000pt ride.  Lately I dabble in QQQ or ETFs with a lot of FANG exposure.  That way I can pretend I'm not paying $3000 for AMZN.  Big Grin  

A few more put and call sales today on boring stuff like IP and MO.  I think one of my baskets reaches funding goal today or tomorrow.  I get to start a new one that will be a bit more exciting.  I'll run it by you guys/gals later and get your input.
Been busy with moving and getting settled into our new place, but added some BTI, ORI, and T this morning.
added NEE, MSFT and AAPL

I'm glad Im finally getting some dips. Finally the RSI is oversold lol. I Have cash on hand for lower prices.
(09-18-2020, 11:49 AM)divmenow Wrote: added NEE, MSFT and AAPL

I'm glad Im finally getting some dips. Finally the RSI is oversold lol. I Have cash on hand for lower prices.
I assume you are using short time periods to deem a stock "oversold"?   Which is OK of course, I was just curious what you use.  First chart I look at is 30 days.  Then look back much farther and note how a stock has tended to react in the past when it is truly oversold.  I don't use T.A. a lot, because it is too easy to overthink it and see what I want to see, but I am convinced RSI will save you a few points often.
(09-18-2020, 08:43 AM)Otter Wrote: Been busy with moving and getting settled into our new place, but added some BTI, ORI, and T this morning.

You've been missed.  I had a bad fall while fly fishing and screwed up my knee pretty bad.  I'll be stuck on the couch pestering all of you regularly for awhile.    I'll have to be careful or I'll run out of cash next week.  Big Grin

Had to roll a few puts forward this week.  Or at least I chose not to get exercised today.  RDS-B and EXC are looking weak.
Bought a tiny bit of OMC
Added to JPM this morning.
Got a T put assigned in my income port. Added a little wfc. Added RTX. Rolled over AAPL put.
Added 200 MO
(09-21-2020, 11:31 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added 200 MO
I have a good amount of MO. Sold another put strike $39. I would be happy getting it at $39 with $138 premium.
Put some cash to work today. Sold a put in MSFT, MO, KO, BMY, SLV, RGR. Adding literally just a few shares to my favorite LT positions like JNJ, CAT, NEE, T. Took advantage of the dip and bought back a few covered calls on the cheap that I regretted selling.