Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some HII in my sons account today. I have had my eye on this one for a while.

And sold some Spt 25th CVS $55 puts
Anyone looking at WBA? The management seems to be taking a number of steps to steer the business.

Sold a sep 25th XLE put, strike $30.5
(09-08-2020, 01:21 PM)vbin Wrote: Anyone looking at WBA? The management seems to be taking a number of steps to steer the business.

WBA is on a 5-year price downtrend during a bull market. I'm going to need a catalyst that points to things turning around before I stick any more cash into my position.

Its earnings don't look nearly as bad as its price, so maybe there's some value there, but the market clearly doesn't like the stock.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-08-2020, 01:21 PM)vbin Wrote: Anyone looking at WBA? The management seems to be taking a number of steps to steer the business.

Yes, but only because it is so beaten down.  I have been selling puts for months and have managed to not get exercised yet.  I'm comfortable with the SP down here but that chart is UGLY.  I'd recommend you keep the DTE close in.  The premiums are fat with volatility up.  That allows an easy roll forward if you choose to avoid/delay an assignment.  I have a couple contracts open right now. Monthly income has been fat so worth a bit of my portfolio.
Everyone ready for the next oil stock beating? Smile I am probably going to get sucked into some RDS around $28 basis. It could be worse I guess. I think I am going to try to get forced into some more oil major shares via put sales soon but I think I will wait for things to settle down and find a bottom, wherever that is. I am thinking oil is headed under $35 again.
(09-08-2020, 02:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Everyone ready for the next oil stock beating? Smile I am probably going to get sucked into some RDS around $28 basis. It could be worse I guess. I think I am going to try to get forced into some more oil major shares via put sales soon but I think I will wait for things to settle down and find a bottom, wherever that is. I am thinking oil is headed under $35 again.
Possible. looks like Soudis offering October prices for way low than expected throughout asia. That suggests the same.
(09-08-2020, 02:10 PM)vbin Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 02:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Everyone ready for the next oil stock beating?  Smile  I am probably going to get sucked into some RDS around $28 basis.  It could be worse I guess.  I think I am going to try to get forced into some more oil major shares via put sales soon but I think  I will wait for things to settle down and find a bottom, wherever that is.  I am thinking oil is headed under $35 again.
Possible. looks like Soudis offering October prices for way low than expected throughout asia. That suggests the same.
Who knows?  There are so many things that can affect oil prices in the short term.  I mostly laid off any new oil plays the last half of summer because I usually get punched in the face if I don't wait for travel season to be over and things to look bleak.  It's nice to pic up some of your position near the bottom.  The reason changes, but oil usually finds a way to struggle at some point during fall early winter months.  The sketchy dividend situation really adds to the risk this year.
CSCO down today on an overall up day. Anyone buying?
(09-09-2020, 09:35 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: CSCO down today on an overall up day.  Anyone buying?

No on CSCO. It's a dinosaur stock. I may add at $35 as I do have puts on it. 

But I did buy WORK under $25 this morning. I like these levels for the long haul
(09-09-2020, 10:03 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 09:35 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: CSCO down today on an overall up day.  Anyone buying?

But I did buy WORK under $25 this morning. I like these levels for the long haul

I'm not a fan of CSCO either even at these levels. They are losing market share

I added to DG and APPL yesterday and pick up a new position in WORK and AMZN this morning.
(09-09-2020, 10:07 AM)kblake Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 10:03 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I'm not a fan of CSCO either even at these levels. They are losing market share

I added to DG and APPL yesterday and pick up a new position in WORK and AMZN this morning.
Work will face stiff challenge from teams. I have used both and both are almost equally good but teams is like zoom+slack for corporations. If you consider msft's pricing, teams seems to be a winner in long run.

Disclaimer: I have work(bought at $32 in the hype) and so far I have been selling covered calls to recover some of my money.

I agree with the others on CSCO.  It's probably OK down here but they are going to have to do something different to grow the company.  I sell CSCO puts when it gets down around here.  It's likely you'll get a 10% run and your Div if you hold it a year.  I'd rather just sell puts against it a few times a year and not own it if I have my druthers.