Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
After looking at it for years I bought a few ORI shares today. Many-many insider buys in the past months.
Should I buy 1 share of AAPL. It’s down $18 lol

ORI is a nice company. I bought more near the lows back in March. Insiders always buy shares. Good management.
Sold All of Teva stocks in last few days and sold Teva puts for $10 expiring September.

Added T.

Sold some MSFT.

Sold CAH puts.

Bought BAC yesterday.

And then just saw the news buffet been buying BAC
Those of you who sell T puts - what is the typical time to expiration you pick?
(07-23-2020, 03:00 PM)Binary Wrote: Those of you who sell T puts - what is the typical time to expiration you pick?

Typically 35-50 DTE
(07-23-2020, 03:00 PM)Binary Wrote: Those of you who sell T puts - what is the typical time to expiration you pick?

Mostly I do about the same as Mike, but that can vary if the premium at my preferred strike is an choice.  I prefer they not all expire on the same date so I may mix in a few longer or shorter term weeklies if necessary.  I usually have T puts expiring every one to twos weeks when T gets around 31 or less.  It's a very liquid option so you have a lot more option date choices than many stocks.  

If you want to try selling put options, T is a great way to get your feet wet without excess risk.  I probably get more monthly income from T than any other stock.  MO and KO are other DGI stocks that have worked out well too when they dip.
(07-23-2020, 02:08 PM)divmenow Wrote: Should I buy 1 share of AAPL. It’s down $18 lol

IRI is a nice company. I bought more near the lows back in March. Insiders always buy shares. Good management.

You should back the truck up on AAPL.  It hasn't been this cheap for like a month.  Smile
(07-23-2020, 06:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 02:08 PM)divmenow Wrote: Should I buy 1 share of AAPL. It’s down $18 lol

IRI is a nice company. I bought more near the lows back in March. Insiders always buy shares. Good management.

You should back the truck up on AAPL.  It hasn't been this cheap for like a month.  Smile
I think there are better tech giants. I know people who work there and they aren't as bulish as few years ago. Recently a lot of them have been selling their stocks in millions and buying homes. Lol. It can go either way but I think apple is going to be in choppy waters. Given the situation all over the world. There will.be a lot of people who will re-think before buying a new iPhone or idevice. That ain't going to be the priority.
I agree. For anything other than a quick trade there will be a better time to buy AAPL not too long from now.
Wow INTC getting kicked to the curb today. Glad I don't own that one.

Question: Thoughts on DHR? I get its over valued but its a company I have always wanted to own but just never pulled the trigger. Today its down $6. Might pull the trigger lol
INTC has been losing their market leading edge for a while now. The 7NM delay was surprising. I was giving them a look for a re-entry a week ago. They have work to do.

Sold a QQQ put with a 250 strike that expires next Friday. $360 premium for a week is nice but that's a $25K buy if the NASDAQ keeps falling. I have little tech exposure now so I guess I'll call it diversification. Smile It's about as brave as I ever get with a single trade. I'd really like some MSFT but don't feel comfortable entering any particular Mega CAP tech at these prices.
And just like that Tech is back. You can’t keep it down for long. I knew I should have bought 1 share of AAPL lol

Meanwhile BMY is being a dog once again. Trades like T lol ?