Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-14-2020, 02:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HD is going to blow earnings away this quarter.  You heard it here first.

Keeping running DE and I will short you for the sixth time in under a year. Smile

I don’t care how much HD blows away earnings. I would rather own LOW here. HD is getting way ahead of itself. I just bought at $142 not that long ago lol. Crazy sone of these run-ups 

BTW I finally added some tech this morning. I’m already ahead lol 

Bought AVGO and PYPL
(07-14-2020, 03:44 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 02:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HD is going to blow earnings away this quarter.  You heard it here first.

Keeping running DE and I will short you for the sixth time in under a year. Smile

I don’t care how much HD blows away earnings. I would rather own LOW here. HD is getting way ahead of itself. I just bought at $142 not that long ago lol. Crazy sone of these run-ups 

Bought AVGO and PYPL

I agree tech is where all the growth is right now. No one wants boring old slow growth dividend stocks like T lol

I look at my holding today and only 3% is tech so I went on the buying spree as well. I still think the stay at home stocks work going forward and some of the high flyers.

I sold out of  CMG after making 700 points lol. And I sold out of MMM, DIS, OLLI, W and BA

And went with more growth DG, QCOM, XLNX, SQ, ROP, PTON, IBB, ABBV and NEE

and a few specs I like SNAP, CHWY and PINS
(07-14-2020, 03:44 PM)divmenow Wrote:

Bought AVGO and PYPL
LOW should have a good quarter too.  They certainly are around here.  Keeping some big ticket items in stock has become a problem so suppliers will have to get busy.
Trimmed some LHX today up $6. It's been acting very bad of late and lots of insiders have been selling. I still have a large position but wanted to use the money else where.

Sold out of MRNA and KMX

Added to LOW, RTX, and MDT Took a small position in FTNT. RSI was at the right price and I wanted to add AI security company lol
(07-15-2020, 11:41 AM)stockguru Wrote: Trimmed some LHX today up $6. It's been acting very bad of late and lots of insiders have been selling. I still have a large position but wanted to use the money else where.

Sold out of MRNA and KMX

Added to LOW, RTX, and MDT  Took a small position in FTNT. RSI was at the right price and I wanted to add AI security company lol
I have a similar nervousness about LHX.  Most defense stocks are down lately but LHX seems worse for no reason I can find.  RTX is a little sketchy too but that one's easier to understand. Slow week for me. Trimmed a little ALE today and may have caught the high. It's my belief the northern UTEs will come up short on this quarters earnings. Many of them support industries that aren't thriving. We'll see if the market cares. I'd like some room to add if they get hit during earnings.
Nice buys on LOW. I added yesterday as well. Up nicely today. LIN, APD and LOW. 3 companies I love going into 2021.

Who needs tech when those names act like Tech stocks with a bit more safety and dividend.
(07-16-2020, 09:43 AM)divmenow Wrote: Nice buys on LOW. I added yesterday as well. Up nicely today. LIN, APD and LOW. 3 companies I love going into 2021.

Who needs tech when those names act like Tech stocks with a bit more safety and dividend.

With my recent trimming of AAPL and MSFT and the surge of LOW, it's now passed LMT and moved into the #2 position in the portfolio behind DLR.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Sold my D today on the upgrade. Got out with a profit so we'll call it good as I now like some other UTEs better. I still have a D put sold and 100 shares is enough if that were to be exercised next month.

Sold another DUK put and looking for more as I have a ton of puts that will almost surely expire worthless tomorrow. I am liking this minor rotation back to boring Div stocks.

I really think LOW will be good for you guys this quarter. We need another stimulus check as things are just now fading back to normal sales around here. It's been crazy. Weyerhauser better get busy. No kidding you couldn't buy materials to build a simple deck for a month at my HD store. A full 30 days+ We got re-stocked on Monday and it's gone in 24HRs. When I say gone I mean empty shelves again. Same with appliances. Do you guys remember ever waiting 3-5 weeks for the washer or dryer you want? I don't remember that. Random factory shut downs all over the world is a curve ball. As bad as that sounds, store sales up 30% is a routine week and sometimes much better.
Added to MET and IVZ.
Added to T this morning since it dropped below $30.
(07-20-2020, 10:06 AM)ChadR Wrote: Added to T this morning since it dropped below $30.

I have that same habit with T.  Not the stupidest thing I've ever done so far.  When's the next one penny dividend raise due?  Smile

Tried to add 145 shares of WY today.  One of my few spec stocks these days.  I only got filled one share for a good while.  It's a $25 stock.  Silly Robinhooders lol.  Going to sell some covered calls while WY is trying to restock America's is lumber binge.
I figure if I keep adding some shares every time T goes below $30/share, I will eventually have enough shares to pay for my monthly cell phone bill and DirecTV bill.