Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
(07-06-2020, 01:31 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 01:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 01:00 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 12:38 PM)MikeWa Wrote: CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy today declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common
stock of $0.965, an increase of $0.02 per share. This dividend is payable on Sept. 16, 2020, to shareholders of record
at the close of business Aug. 14, 2020.

That’s why DUK is a great investment! I just read that news a little while ago. Very nice.. D shareholders time to switch lol
They just announced a $2.5B charge against earnings next quarter.  They didn't come out of the pipeline fiasco unscathed by a longshot.

Wrong!! This was a bad investment from the beginning. This is good news that they are ending the project. The fact that they can still raise the dividend is very positive. I have to disagree with you this time, Sorry lol 

A company that will benefit from this will be WMB. I don’t have a position but they should get a lot of this pipeline business now.
DUK and NEE are tops. You can own these names an sleep well at night.

DUK has Invested 5 billion in solar energy and 4 billion in wind energy . They have a bright future in the renewable energy sector and a top CEO. I can't say the same about D  Big Grin 

Like Eric I like SRE but they are tied to much into natural gas. I wish they would invest in renewable energy and the company would be a lot higher. 
(07-06-2020, 01:31 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 01:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 01:00 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 12:38 PM)MikeWa Wrote: CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy today declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common
stock of $0.965, an increase of $0.02 per share. This dividend is payable on Sept. 16, 2020, to shareholders of record
at the close of business Aug. 14, 2020.

That’s why DUK is a great investment! I just read that news a little while ago. Very nice.. D shareholders time to switch lol
They just announced a $2.5B charge against earnings next quarter.  They didn't come out of the pipeline fiasco unscathed by a longshot.

Wrong!! This was a bad investment from the beginning. This is good news that they are ending the project. The fact that they can still raise the dividend is very positive. I have to disagree with you this time, Sorry lol 

A company that will benefit from this will be WMB. I don’t have a position but they should get a lot of this pipeline business now.
BTW I own DUK if you thought I was bashing them.
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. on Thursday said its board raised the quarterly dividend by 2.2% to 46.75 cents from
45.75 cents.

The new payout, equal to $1.87 a year, represents an annual yield of about 4.42% based on Wednesday's closing price
of $42.29, up from about 4.33%.

The Deerfield, Ill., retail and wholesale pharmacy said the increased dividend is payable Sept. 11 to shareholders of
record Aug. 19.
(07-09-2020, 08:26 AM)MikeWa Wrote: Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. on Thursday said its board raised the quarterly dividend by 2.2% to 46.75 cents from
45.75 cents.

The new payout, equal to $1.87 a year, represents an annual yield of about 4.42% based on Wednesday's closing price

The Deerfield, Ill., retail and wholesale pharmacy said the increased dividend is payable Sept. 11 to shareholders of
record Aug. 19.

Not going to help the stock lol.
(07-09-2020, 08:38 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 08:26 AM)MikeWa Wrote: Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. on Thursday said its board raised the quarterly dividend by 2.2% to 46.75 cents from
45.75 cents.

record Aug. 19.

Not going to help the stock lol.
A small Div increase is better than a cut in this environment, but WBA is going to have to do something a little bold like CVX did.  I've never owned WBA but it's starting to look a little tempting to me at this price.  Might not be a bad idea to move a little from one of my holdings with a potentially shakier dividend situation.
WFC cuts divided to .10

That’s ugly.. wow!!
(07-14-2020, 07:01 AM)divmenow Wrote: WFC cuts divided to .10

That’s ugly.. wow!!

Glad I bailed on it last week, earnings were pretty horrible.

This may not be the last cut either. Another quarter or two like this one and it will get suspended entirely.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-14-2020, 08:14 AM)EricL Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 07:01 AM)divmenow Wrote: WFC cuts divided to .10

That’s ugly.. wow!!

Glad I bailed on it last week, earnings were pretty horrible.

This may not be the last cut either. Another quarter or two like this one and it will get suspended entirely.
If the economy doesn't turn they are looking like a future acquisition target on the cheap.  WFC burned me 20 years ago with shady business practices.  They need a new culture fast but the damage is done.  Politicians don't care if they go BK.  They'd get no help if it wasn't for consumers getting hurt.  This wasn't a first offense and WFC made their own bed.  Just another yield trap many were sucked into. This one looked obvious for a long time.
Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) declares $0.70/share quarterly dividend, 1.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.69.

Forward yield 1.91%

Payable Sept. 15; for shareholders of record Sept. 1; ex-div Aug. 31.
PPG (NYSETonguePG) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend, 5.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.51.

Forward yield 1.88%

Payable Sept. 11; for shareholders of record Aug. 10; ex-div Aug. 7.
Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE:CP) declares CAD 0.95/share quarterly dividend, 14.5% increase from prior dividend of CAD 0.83.

Forward yield 1.03%

Payable Oct. 26; for shareholders of record Sept. 25; ex-div Sept. 24.
J. M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) declares $0.90/share quarterly dividend, 2.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.88.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3593353-j-...dividend-2