Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
(05-20-2020, 06:37 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 06:06 PM)fenders53 Wrote: National Oilwell Varco suspends quarterly dividend.

The hits keep coming in the patch.  This was a major player last time oil crashed.

Who cares about NOV. it’s been a crap company for years. They were paying .05 cents. Do you really need to post a 4th tier stock that’s way down the food chain  Big Grin lol 

I know your tricks. You always trying to bring down the sector lol. Just buy some oil. You running out of places to put all that cash you have lying around now haha ?
LOL, I had to go look NOV up just now in case I was confuserated.  NOV was indeed an $80 stock last oil crash in 2014 or so.  I remember Cramer hyping NOV and a few other fallen oil angels.  But then again XOM used to be an 80 dolla stock as well.  Good luck to you.  Don't worry, XOM will borrow their next dividend................ again.  Smile

I'll probably buy some oil again at some point.  Wake me up when the industry payout ratio is under 115%.  Don't tell anyone but I actually own a few hundred shares of ENB.  Close enough to oil lol.
Flowers Foods (NYSE:FLO) declares $0.20/share quarterly dividend, 5.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.19.

Forward yield 3.53%

Payable June 19; for shareholders of record June 5; ex-div June 4.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Chubb (NYSE:CB) declares $0.78/share quarterly dividend, 4% increase from prior dividend of $0.75.

Forward yield 3.02%

Payable July 10; for shareholders of record June 19; ex-div June 18.
Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) declares $0.58/share quarterly dividend, 7.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.54.

Forward yield 2.37%

Payable July 17; for shareholders of record June 26; ex-div June 25.
(05-21-2020, 11:58 AM)EricL Wrote: Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) declares $0.58/share quarterly dividend, 7.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.54.

Forward yield 2.37%

That's good news.  The earnings were are as horrid as I expected.  Time to get those elective surgeries going again.
(05-21-2020, 12:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 11:58 AM)EricL Wrote: Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) declares $0.58/share quarterly dividend, 7.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.54.

Forward yield 2.37%

That's good news.  The earnings were are as horrid as I expected.  Time to get those elective surgeries going again.

Was more than I was expecting considering the earnings drop and elevated payout ratio.
(05-21-2020, 01:18 PM)EricL Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 12:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Forward yield 2.37%

Was more than I was expecting considering the earnings drop and elevated payout ratio.
Revenues are down 20% or more in almost every category.  It wasn't good and far worse than the drug companies.  They would have been crushed if the SP wasn't depressed already.  Yeah they made the overall numbers close  enough but the accounting tricks are in play when necessary. I am bashing one of my core holdings. That wasn't pretty if you dig in past the headline.
Super UTE comes through again.

NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) declares $1.40/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.

Forward yield 2.45%

Payable June 15; for shareholders of record June 2; ex-div June 1.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3576889-ne...0-dividend
Ross Stores (ROST) suspends quarterly dividends

From the earnings call on 5/21/2020:

Quote:In addition, we also announced today the suspension of our quarterly dividend payments. We are also aggressively cutting costs throughout the company by minimizing non-business critical operating expenses, rightsizing our merchandise receipt and inventory plans and reducing capital expenditures to further enhance our liquidity.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I think that might be the first aristocrat to suspend.
(05-21-2020, 09:54 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I think that might be the first aristocrat to suspend.

The third cut in my portfolio. Fortunately not a big yield, so the income is easily replaced.

I'm a bit surprised by the cut considering the relatively small payout and the amount of cash the company has on the balance sheet.

If discount retail ROST and TJX can't survive this, there won't be many in retail that can.

Both of them lack a presence for online sales, I suspect that was their downfall during the pandemic.
(05-21-2020, 10:59 PM)EricL Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 09:54 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I think that might be the first aristocrat to suspend.

The third cut in my portfolio. Fortunately not a big yield, so the income is easily replaced.

I'm a bit surprised by the cut considering the relatively small payout and the amount of cash the company has on the balance sheet.

If discount retail ROST and TJX can't survive this, there won't be many in retail that can.

Both of them lack a presence for online sales, I suspect that was their downfall during the pandemic.

I think you are right on all counts.  I've shared a few concerns here and on SA for about six weeks.  Though not intentional, it's been an enormous transfer of revenue from small Biz to big box retail that happened to sell something deemed essential in their mix.  Earnings reports validate that.  I was also concerned that once the Div cuts started, it gets far more acceptable for others to cut even if it was possible to avoid it for now.  I see signs of that, though not as bad as I feared so far.  

Iowa was never completely locked-down, but mostly re-opened last week with few rules.  I live in a touristy little town that always hops, and it appears about 10% of the small businesses are permanently closed.  Many more are surely in trouble.  I'm sure that will play out in many towns.  

I think I had three Div cuts as well, but my rapid flight to quality in March spared me a few more.