Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
So Warren Buffet bought nothing with all that cash in recent months. Interesting

Warren Buffett has been waiting years for stocks to look more attractive. He apparently didn’t think the first-quarter plunge was that opportunity.

The famed investor’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. spent the quarter building its massive cash pile to a record $137 billion as the coronavirus slowdown started to grip the U.S. That was up almost $10 billion from the end of 2019, while Buffett spent just a net $3.5 billion buying shares of his and other companies.
(05-02-2020, 07:49 AM)divmenow Wrote: So Warren Buffet bought nothing with all that cash in recent months. Interesting

Warren Buffett has been waiting years for stocks to look more attractive. He apparently didn’t think the first-quarter plunge was that opportunity.

The famed investor’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. spent the quarter building its massive cash pile to a record $137 billion as the coronavirus slowdown started to grip the U.S. That was up almost $10 billion from the end of 2019, while Buffett spent just a net $3.5 billion buying shares of his and other companies.
The window was brief for a a big move, but I find it very odd he didn't do something a little more substantial.  I get it that even he has never seen anything like the virus in his investing career, but he knows his actions have been questioned.  They have lost a bit of their edge.  Almost like he is trying to "protect a lead".  I still love Uncle Warner buy he's lost his competitive edge.  He probably thought the market had another 10% like many of us, but that would be market timing which he has preached against his entire life.
I was away from the market and missed the fun yesterday. So Elon Musk gets bored and Tweets away $13B of TSLA market CAP. Yet another (just wow!) moment from him. I'm just jealous because I haven't been trading TSLA lol Smile

And I'm still hoping the market will go down next week and let us buy some shares. I'm not hoping for a crash but some choppiness would be helpful. Some normal sector rotation rather than damaged stocks going full Momo.

Just saw an article that Russia pumped huge amounts of oil in April before the next OPEC+ agreement starts. It really has become an oil war.
Bought some O, WPC, CINF and OMC
Put 20% of my RDS money into HON and 20% into GEO.
Still 60% to go, so those will probably happen this week. Part might even go to RDS, it has already shed around 10% since I let go.
I am going to check out the earnings call for O (tonight I think?) and probably take a bite of O and FRT tomorrow. I'm guessing guidance will be cautious enough to keep REITs them from launching. KO beginning to look fairly attractive. I could use more consumer staples in my port. If I can avoid anymore Div cuts, that would be great. Smile
Sold all of my DOW. Trust me this one left a bruise. I just don't see their earnings nor the dividend as safe post virus. I got shook out. I'm ashamed of myself. Smile

Divemenow, where would you even consider buying APD in this economy if it weren't already a core holding? 200ish and hope for a chance to average down? Looks like one I should own eventually.
Added to UPS, BAC, and MAIN.
(05-04-2020, 09:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold all of my DOW.  Trust me this one left a bruise.  I just don't see their earnings nor the dividend as safe post virus.  I got shook out.  I'm ashamed of myself. Smile

Divemenow, where would you even consider buying APD in this economy if it weren't already a core holding?  200ish and hope for a chance to average down?  Looks like one I should own eventually.

I would say start buying around $205-207 if it gets there. It's has held up very well. I added some at $178 back in late March. Its one of those stocks you add to on big dips if it happens.

I added more UPS today under $90
Added MO and EXC

Sold ENB, RP and DG

Watching CB for an entry. Almost there lol
(05-04-2020, 10:04 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 09:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold all of my DOW.  Trust me this one left a bruise.  I just don't see their earnings nor the dividend as safe post virus.  I got shook out.  I'm ashamed of myself. Smile

Divemenow, where would you even consider buying APD in this economy if it weren't already a core holding?  200ish and hope for a chance to average down?  Looks like one I should own eventually.

I would say start buying around $205-207 if it gets there. It's has held up very well. I added some at $178 back in late March. Its one of those stocks you add to on big dips if it happens.

I added more UPS today under $90
Thanks.  APD is a true aristocrat.  That Div growth looks awesome and there really was no bad time to buy it except for a couple months ago maybe.  I have to tighten up my industrials.  I trimmed them all  the past few weeks which turned out to be a good decision.  Doesn't mean I need to put it all back right where it came from.  APD isn't so dependent on one particular industry.  The importance of that is coming to light now.  I see a lot of otherwise great industrials that are going to be stuck in a rut for a good while.  Everybody uses compressed gases to include the military, restaurants, healthcare.  Being a major supplier for airlines or auto is great, until it isn't.

I like that UPS buy.  I'm in fairly deep in the low 90s.  Might be awhile before it can stay above 120, but there are not many safer stocks than UPS sub $95 IMO.  You'll get your 20% run some quarter soon and the Div is good enough to just hold it forever.            

Watching CAT, getting closer to interesting but not quite.
New positions in AXP, BCE, and BMY