Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
It's free fall
Added to VZ. People always pay their cell phone bills.
(03-18-2020, 12:22 PM)kblake Wrote: I dont know when there are coming back but I just bought in heavy in WELL, MO, OHI, O, and MMM

Nobody knows when anything is coming back, but those look like decent picks to me.  Our stocks are not worth what they sold for a month ago because the story has changed, but the pullback is out of hand for many.  Half of my port is priced like they are cutting the dividend and then miss earnings 10 quarters in a row.    

I'll list my buys later.  I did a lot of shopping today.
(03-18-2020, 12:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 12:22 PM)kblake Wrote: I dont know when there are coming back but I just bought in heavy in WELL, MO, OHI, O, and MMM

Nobody knows when anything is coming back, but those look like decent picks to me.  Our stocks are not worth what they sold for a month ago because the story has changed, but the pullback is out of hand for many.  Half of my port is priced like they are cutting the dividend and then miss earnings 10 quarters in a row.    

I'll list my buys later.  I did a lot of shopping today.
Same, closed my puts and bought a bunch at lows and still loosing money on them.
Bought V and O
I'm so bummed. I put in to buy 100 O at $42 and it executed 1000 shares. Just my luck. Well no more cash to spend now. Yikes what a mistake lol
Added E-Trade and vsat 100 each. This the day where I have shipped the most in my entire life so far. We are far from done yet.

What folks thing about Morgan Stanley and E-Trade merger, still happening?
(03-18-2020, 02:30 PM)kblake Wrote: I'm so bummed. I put in to buy 100 O at $42 and it executed 1000 shares. Just my luck. Well no more cash to spend now. Yikes what a mistake lol
U can still exit that. U will make that up somewhere else or take a chance and wait for tomoorow. There will be bounce back for sure
(03-18-2020, 02:32 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 02:30 PM)kblake Wrote: I'm so bummed. I put in to buy 100 O at $42 and it executed 1000 shares. Just my luck. Well no more cash to spend now. Yikes what a mistake lol
U can still exit that. U will make that up somewhere else or take a chance and wait for tomoorow. There will be bounce back for sure

I was playing with my 6 year old son and on my etrade app. Thought I put in 100 and it executed at 1000   Big Grin

I'm down big as I bought lots more yesterday at $51. But hey at least my monthly dividend will go up lol
(03-18-2020, 02:38 PM)kblake Wrote:

I was playing with my 6 year old son and on my etrade app. Thought I put in 100 and it executed at 1000   Big Grin

I'm down big as I bought lots more yesterday at $51. But hey at least my monthly dividend will go up lol
I have made the mistake to go too heavy on XOM even when @fenders53 warned me , lol. Thinking oil is too cheap anything can happen. In a hindsight I should have followed the rules of diversification and played by the book.
(03-18-2020, 02:41 PM)vbin Wrote:

I have made the mistake to go too heavy on XOM even when @fenders53 warned me , lol. Thinking oil is too cheap anything can happen. In a hindsight I should have followed the rules of diversification and played by the book.

I think the people on these boards are the only ones that are buying stocks. Not enough to get stocks in the green lol. The machines are in control and dont seem to want to back off  Big Grin .....  I also think a lot of people on the floor are at home. So a lot of this is BS lol
(03-18-2020, 02:48 PM)kblake Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 02:41 PM)vbin Wrote:

I think the people on these boards are the only ones that are buying stocks. Not enough to get stocks in the green lol. The machines are in control and dont seem to want to back off  Big Grin .....  I also think a lot of people on the floor are at home. So a lot of this is BS lol
I think earnings are going to drop on the floor so stocks are just reflecting that. Plus no-one knows what extent of damage crona will do. U.s.a is already at 8k. We will be 20k plus infected by next weekend of 28th March.

Also I know a few folks personally who are doing heavy buying. Lol