Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-18-2020, 09:54 AM)kblake Wrote: Added some DFS under $30, and bought some RTN, AEP, MO, and HAS

DFS under $30 is crazy... I keep seeing those commercials no, no, no, no. no lol

Just in.... it turns out it doesn't pay to Discover hahaha

Unlike V and MA who merely process transactions, DFS is a financial stock assuming the risk of loaning money with bad spreads and that is the difference in PE justification.  All true financials are getting beat up.
(03-18-2020, 09:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 09:29 AM)EricL Wrote: The junk "BB" credit rating for YUM and "B" for WEN scare me.

MCD is boring, but that's good in times like these. =)

You just be scared while I make money on WEN for about the fifth time.  Smile  Big Oil was "safe" like 30 days ago.  If this was easy I'd fly over and pick you up in my private jet so we could do lunch today.  Carryout of course.   Big Grin

Picked up some MCD and a pinch more of CBRL, cuz who doesn't love a falling knife.  OMG I thought the bottom was around 75 lol. 

I'm about to dump the rest of my oil but I'll have to go find a stock down just as much and that won't be easy for sure.
Oil is going to like 10 a barrel. I took the losses. It's not like its going to rally when the market comes back. What good is having a 5% yield if the stock keeps losing 10% a day lol

And have you seen some of the prices of stocks out there.. There all down big. I'm sure you can find some good ones down 50% or more  Big Grin . Buy OHI or WELL lol
(03-18-2020, 10:01 AM)kblake Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 09:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 09:29 AM)EricL Wrote: The junk "BB" credit rating for YUM and "B" for WEN scare me.

MCD is boring, but that's good in times like these. =)

You just be scared while I make money on WEN for about the fifth time.  Smile  Big Oil was "safe" like 30 days ago.  If this was easy I'd fly over and pick you up in my private jet so we could do lunch today.  Carryout of course.   Big Grin

Picked up some MCD and a pinch more of CBRL, cuz who doesn't love a falling knife.  OMG I thought the bottom was around 75 lol. 

I'm about to dump the rest of my oil but I'll have to go find a stock down just as much and that won't be easy for sure.
Oil is going to like 10 a barrel. I took the losses. It's not like its going to rally when the market comes back. What good is having a 5% yield if the stock keeps losing 10% a day lol

And have you seen some of the prices of stocks out there.. There all down big. I'm sure you can find some good ones down 50% or more  Big Grin . Buy OHI or WELL lol
I'm pretty deep in WELL already but thanks, it's a good suggestion.  Oil will have it's day and be a great swing trade like always, but I don't know a single soul on the internet who didn't miss the timing HUGE.  I have this feeling I will have the chance to re-renter oil after it settles down if I wish to.  It's going nowhere good anytime soon.  As far as the yield, there is no yield if things don't improve real soon.
Have changed my mind on Boeing. I don't see how they avoid a dividend suspension with the size of the government bailout they are requesting. A GM-style restructuring in bankruptcy that wipes out current equity holders but preserves the company also isn't out of the cards.
Anyone buying Emerson? Down more than 40%, div aristocrat
(03-18-2020, 10:27 AM)Otter Wrote: Have changed my mind on Boeing. I don't see how they avoid a dividend suspension with the size of the government bailout they are requesting. A GM-style restructuring in bankruptcy that wipes out current equity holders but preserves the company also isn't out of the cards.

I'm thinking the same.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Dont know if this has already been discussed here, but any idea why UTX is getting hamered... I'm thinking of putting a limit order around $65.1
Also thinking of putting a limit order on JETS @ 10.1 and hoping it would bite (although ive taken a beating in Boeing :-( )

My limit orders 100 shares of DIS @ 651. and 100 shares of AXP @ 75.1 just executed this morning.

Your thoughts ???
(03-18-2020, 11:13 AM)saimash Wrote: Dont know if this has already been discussed here, but any idea why UTX is getting hamered... I'm thinking of putting a limit order around $65.1
Also thinking of putting a limit order on JETS @ 10.1 and hoping it would bite (although ive taken a beating in Boeing :-( )

My limit orders 100 shares of DIS @ 651. and 100 shares of AXP @ 75.1 just executed this morning.

Your thoughts ???
Threat of a recession, and they sell jet parts come to mind.  Not good for UTX.  They are about to merge with RTN and pick up significant defense contract exposure.
(03-18-2020, 10:58 AM)EricL Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 10:27 AM)Otter Wrote: Have changed my mind on Boeing. I don't see how they avoid a dividend suspension with the size of the government bailout they are requesting. A GM-style restructuring in bankruptcy that wipes out current equity holders but preserves the company also isn't out of the cards.

I'm thinking the same.

I remain bullish on LMT, as they don't really have exposure to the commercial aviation market. Picked up some more shares this morning at $308

They would have survived their errors if not for the virus.  Now their customers are in deep trouble.  The buy backs blew their cash but that was mostly before the accidents.  Then they pay a dividend and borrow money.  Set themselves up for failure.
(03-18-2020, 11:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:13 AM)saimash Wrote: Dont know if this has already been discussed here, but any idea why UTX is getting hamered... I'm thinking of putting a limit order around $65.1

Your thoughts ???
Threat of a recession, and they sell jet parts come to mind.  Not good for UTX.  They are about to merge with RTN and pick up significant defense contract exposure.
What are your thoughts and other folks on spending cuts on defence? I am eyeing GD, RTN, NOC, LMT but thinking that defense spending will be cut. We are coming out of Afghanistan and if Biden or Berny comes they will cut def spend. Healthcare will get a boost but don't see anything which has taken major beating in healthcare.
(03-18-2020, 11:38 AM)vbin Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Your thoughts ???
What are your thoughts and other folks on spending cuts on defence? I am eyeing GD, RTN, NOC, LMT but thinking that defense spending will be cut. We are coming out of Afghanistan and if Biden or Berny comes they will cut def spend. Healthcare will get a boost but don't see anything which has taken major beating in healthcare.

The defense industry is a giant jobs program to all 50 states. Jobs are needed right now.