Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition
I'm at 11.05% return through FEB 29th.

Oops, forgot the negative sign lol. I'm afraid to look at my real port. Probably about the same actually but I had the benefit of having a lot of cash to partially save me from myself. Smile
I'll keep editing this post as I calculate them...

NilesMike  -17%
fenders     -11.05
Otter        -13.10
Chad        -9.46
MikeWA   -9.63
Divmenow   -5.99
kblake   -12.46
rayray  -9.49
Eric:   -10.30
Stockguru   -8.11
Binary-   -17.10

Divemenow is in the lead at -6%  I am going to say anyone in single digits is not doing too bad compared to the market.  Five of us are in the running for a participation trophy and a margin call lol.  The rest of us have work to do but it's early. Most of us have at least one falling knife. Some of you better hope Saudi Arabia gets bombed around DEC 15th.  Hey it could happen lol.  Smile     

If anyone else is still paying attention speak up and I'll calculate your port.  Otherwise I'll just do them later in the year.
Oh wow, didn't realize I was doing "fairly" well. Since one of my four was XOM, figured I would be in last place.
(03-08-2020, 07:26 PM)ChadR Wrote: Oh wow, didn't realize I was doing "fairly" well.  Since one of my four was XOM, figured I would be in last place.

Chad, these numbers are so February 29th.  You're in trouble tomorrow lol.  Just let us know if you need us to send Lockheed or Raytheon over to re-arrange a middle eastern oil facility.  I shouldn't say things like that.  Besides, if they try to starve out Russia, Putin we'll take care of it.Smile
I didn't calcuate the visitors that disappeared after entering.  I wasn't thinking and selected United technologies.  I replaced it with RTX.  I could just delete it.  Same weak result.  This is through November 30th but I think we have a winner unless two of Divmenow stocks delist next week.  Smile  Seven of us lost money.  Dividend returns are not included, so for those with super high yielders it's not quite as bad as this looks.      

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/back...sisResults

NilesMike  -3.19
fenders     -6.79
Otter        -8.94
Chad         -15.09
MikeWA      -8.57
Divmenow   +18.53
kblake           +2.6
rayray          -6.43 
Eric:            +11.83
Stockguru     +1.21
Binary-         -23.13
My yield, including XLF which has zero dividend, was 4.20.
(12-17-2020, 10:20 PM)NilesMike Wrote: My yield, including XLF which has zero dividend, was 4.20.
That gets you out of the red.  A couple more of us have a shot if DEC is strong.  PFE and RTX are pulling back on me so I think I may stay negative.  Some have a lot of oil and some have stocks that cut DIVs.  Most of us got beat by SPX but suffered less max drawdown like a decent dividend port should.  The chart on the web calculator says I was fairly flat all year with the exception of MAR-JUN.
(12-17-2020, 07:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I didn't calcuate the visitors that disappeared after entering.  I wasn't thinking and selected United technologies.  I replaced it with RTX.  I could just delete it.  Same weak result.  This is through November 30th but I think we have a winner unless two of Divmenow stocks delist next week.  Smile  Seven of us lost money.  Dividend returns are not included, so for those with super high yielders it's not quite as bad as this looks.      

NilesMike  -3.19
fenders     -6.79
Otter        -8.94
Chad         -15.09
MikeWA      -8.57
Divmenow   +18.53
kblake           +2.6
rayray          -6.43 
Stockguru     +1.21
Binary-         -23.13

Wow I’m up 18%. Maybe I should be called the Stockguru lol ?
(12-18-2020, 07:50 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 07:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I didn't calcuate the visitors that disappeared after entering.  I wasn't thinking and selected United technologies.  I replaced it with RTX.  I could just delete it.  Same weak result.  This is through November 30th but I think we have a winner unless two of Divmenow stocks delist next week.  Smile  Seven of us lost money.  Dividend returns are not included, so for those with super high yielders it's not quite as bad as this looks.      

NilesMike  -3.19
fenders     -6.79
Otter        -8.94
Chad         -15.09
MikeWA      -8.57
Divmenow   +18.53
kblake           +2.6
rayray          -6.43 
Stockguru     +1.21
Binary-         -23.13

Wow I’m up 18%. Maybe I should be called the Stockguru lol ?
Yup, you are the Guru for 2020.  She'll have to be the Stock Princess until she shows us the money lol.  18.5% plus dividends is over 20% total return.  That's a win this year for an overall port.  Eric also did well.  

Results are disappointing overall but this was a tough year.  In some ways harder than a real port.  If a stock runs up 50% in a few months on nothing but momentum you can't trim like you might.